Another One Found

katkell

It is interesting that they're providing less compensation per person than the plane that landed in the Hudson flawlessly with no significant injuries, everyone off within two hours, and nearly all luggage returned in tact.

And oh...the Captain actually checked three times to make sure he was the last one off before getting off the plane. ;)

Just sayin'...

And oh...the Captain actually checked three times to make sure he was the last one off before getting off the plane

Old News like a sticking Record! .... Little wonder Insurance premiums are rocketing with ridiculous claims like this...... :eek:

And oh...the Captain actually checked three times to make sure he was the last one off before getting off the plane

Old News like a sticking Record! .... Little wonder Insurance premiums are rocketing with ridiculous claims like this...... :eek:

Just got my insurance for my forthcoming trip, I was asked if it was a cruise I have never been asked that question before :confused:

So perhaps its is already filtering through.

Here is an excellent summary of US Airways Flight #1549

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Airways_Flight_1549

One quote "Having twice walked the length of the cabin to confirm that no one remained inside after the plane had been evacuated, Sullenberger was the last person to leave the aircraft.""

This is the way a captain of a cruise ship or passenger plane is expected to behave; not like a coward like the captain of the Concordia.

And your point is ? that its ok to rip people off by claiming ridiculous amounts of money! and stuff the consequences for everyone else.

When the captain ran the ship to ground, he "rip people off".

When victims ask for large compensation, they're refusing to be ripped off by the cruise line who emplooyed the captain.

This is the way a captain of a cruise ship or passenger plane is expected to behave; not like a coward like the captain of the Concordia.

Well, it is a bit harder on an enormous cruise ship, part of which was underwater by that point.

Usually, the count happens at muster (I think...not sure), but in this case there was a huge breakdown for whatever reason (or a variety of reasons). We know from Michelle's witness account that she was on one of the first lifeboats to leave, and it was seriously overloaded. So right from the start, there would be no way to keep track of who was on the ship and who had left the ship.

I still think it was a major mistake not having people report to muster right away, and taking the time it took to ground her to confirm the numbers, have passengers adjust themselves to their proper muster stations and even get some crew to see if they could track down errants.

It might not have saved any more lifes, though, because we don't yet know if any of the victims were caught unaware, or if they died as a result of the listing of the ship and the failure of some of the lifeboats to launch.

But...my instincts say that, despite some truly courageous efforts on the part of the crew...the emergency training isn't adequate. They may be taught to load the lifeboats, launch the lifeboats and drive the lifeboats, but I would guess they don't get training in what to do if the lifeboats won't launch.

or heart attack, or hit their head on the wall when the ship tipped on its side...

The very small number of dead would hint they probably didn't make it to the lifeboat for other reason rather than a lack of time to make it there before the water came in.

Well, it is a bit harder on an enormous cruise ship, part of which was underwater by that point.

Usually, the count happens at muster (I think...not sure), but in this case there was a huge breakdown for whatever reason (or a variety of reasons). We know from Michelle's witness account that she was on one of the first lifeboats to leave, and it was seriously overloaded. So right from the start, there would be no way to keep track of who was on the ship and who had left the ship.

I still think it was a major mistake not having people report to muster right away, and taking the time it took to ground her to confirm the numbers, have passengers adjust themselves to their proper muster stations and even get some crew to see if they could track down errants.

It might not have saved any more lifes, though, because we don't yet know if any of the victims were caught unaware, or if they died as a result of the listing of the ship and the failure of some of the lifeboats to launch.

But...my instincts say that, despite some truly courageous efforts on the part of the crew...the emergency training isn't adequate. They may be taught to load the lifeboats, launch the lifeboats and drive the lifeboats, but I would guess they don't get training in what to do if the lifeboats won't launch.

Let me just point out that in all the past historic cases where a passenger ship was properly evacuated in good order; the captain and his lead officers walked the ship to be sure that no passengers were left on the ship. We do know that this did not happen with the Concordia. I will also note that at the time the captain left the ship (as demonstrated by photos), it did not have an extreme list yet.

or heart attack, or hit their head on the wall when the ship tipped on its side...

The very small number of dead would hint they probably didn't make it to the lifeboat for other reason rather than a lack of time to make it there before the water came in.

Particularly when almost all have been wearing lifejackets.

We haven't heard about whether the last two were wearing their lifejackets, nor about the first three. We know one wasn't...the gentleman who gave it to his wife and they tried to swim for it.

Let me just point out that in all the past historic cases where a passenger ship was properly evacuated in good order; the captain and his lead officers walked the ship to be sure that no passengers were left on the ship. We do know that this did not happen with the Concordia. I will also note that at the time the captain left the ship (as demonstrated by photos), it did not have an extreme list yet.

I have that time as somewhere between 11:50 and 12:30...what do you have?

They were the ones who obedientluy went back to their cabins and stayed there awaiting a call to the lifeboats or whatever.

Always follow instructions and believe what the crew are telling you even when the ship is listing 20 degrees with no sign of recovery to normal attitude.

Go back to your cabin its just an electrical fault that caused all the stuff in the dr to come crashing down. Electricity is like that sometimes.

Go back to your cabin. We'll call you. If we dont call you, youll drown. Just do as your told. Dont think for yourself

They were the ones who obedientluy went back to their cabins and stayed there awaiting a call to the lifeboats or whatever.

Always follow instructions and believe what the crew are telling you even when the ship is listing 20 degrees with no sign of recovery to normal attitude.

Go back to your cabin its just an electrical fault that caused all the stuff in the dr to come crashing down. Electricity is like that sometimes.

Go back to your cabin. We'll call you. If we dont call you, youll drown. Just do as your told. Dont think for yourself

Thus far, no victims have been found in any cabins.

Before I bust out crying for the "consequences" you believe await you, may I ask you what you think they may amount to?

If your screed is the result of your projection of being denied a suite or having to take 1 cruise per year instead 3, or your CCL stock took a dive because a bunch of American's will seek recourse for their, ahem, inconvenience then you're taking it out on the wrong people.

There are numerous people you can blame this disaster on, but the passengers? Seriously?

And your point is ? that its ok to rip people off by claiming ridiculous amounts of money! and stuff the consequences for everyone else.

There are so many Concordia threads so I apologize for

repeating what may already be stated but I just noticed

on the infrared video - smoke coming from the side of the

ship.

It's possible some of the missing may have succumbed to

smoke inhalation.

The heat plume was probably from the emergency generator in the stack. That's why they had lights when all of the main engines were off-line.

Archived