What does the Concierge do?

zennor

I noticed on our last cruise that there was a desk for the Concierge near guest relations. I just wondered what services they offered & if anyone had ever used them? I don't recall seeing any information in the Daily Sheet or elsewhere describing their services.

The concierge, who was fabulous on the last trip, Henrike, would organise private rivers in ports and could advise on resturaunts as well. She was also the point of contact if you were invited to dine by the Captain, Hotel Director etc

The concierge was a huge help to us on the Quest in the Italian and French Riviera cruise when our luggage did not arrive with us in Rome. The concierge was coordinating with the airlines throughout our cruise and eventually helped to get our suitcase to us (it was Day 6 of our cruise, but it was nice to finally get our bags). Guest Relations was a big help too but the concierge was able to dedicate more time for these types of more involved issues.

Well done!!

• 2 weeks later...
I noticed on our last cruise that there was a desk for the Concierge near guest relations. I just wondered what services they offered & if anyone had ever used them? I don't recall seeing any information in the Daily Sheet or elsewhere describing their services.

Great question! We added a concierge to assist those wanting services not offed to all guests. On a recent cruise, my wife and I wanted a romantic dinner for two at a local top rated restaurant. The reservation was made, transfers arranged and a guide for evening touring. Even a dozen roses with our favorite champagne awaited us at the table. It was a special occassion! Of course we paid for the arrangements, and we had a memorable evening off the ship.

On yet another occasion, we had a rather unique request. We have five older kids and our youngest is an excellent tennis player. He was missing tennis and so we asked the concierge if it was possible to arrange tennis play with another young person from the baltics. It took a few days to set up, but we were delighted to recieve a note indicating play had been set up at the Olympic center in Tallinn for our youngest to play one of the countries finest teen players. We were picked up, transferred and play was set up. I can't tell how delighted our son was. Fees correspond to the services requested. In this case transfers, tennis court fees, and our lunch was what we paid for. It made the holiday very memorable.

Many lines have these special concierge services making a special vacation very unique.

Thanks,

Archived