sailing 5/1...

isis2k2

so I know that when I first get on the ship, I give them a credit card and they give me a "SeaPASS." My question is at the end of the week do they automatically charge the card I gave them, or do they give me a bill and let me pay however I choose? Could I pay some of the bill with cash, or 2 diff credit cards if I spent more than is on the card I gave them to hold? THANKS FOR ANY INFO:D

• 2 weeks later...

I had bought an expensive piece of jewelry in Cabo and evidently the shopkeeper didn't handle the security process correctly so my credit card company declined the purchases that I had put on my Carnival Sail & Sign because they thought my card may have been stolen. Sure was shocked and also glad that I happened to have a different credit card with me.

I would be pretty sure that you could put cash toward your bill also.

Most cruise lines allow you to chose how you wish to pay at the end. If have not received my bill by 11:00 pm on the last night I go to Purser's Desk/Front Desk and ask for printout. I check it over then go and pay it off. Now I check to make sure that the mini bar was fully restocked that morning and never touch it again as this is where alot of people get a hit.

One of the best things you can do before you go is contact your CC company and tell them where you will be and when so they they do not put a stop payment on it. Then I ensure I only use that CC. I put the cc down for the seapass/funpass or what ever the card is called then the last night I go and pay it off in cash. ( usually put $500-1000 down the first day anyway as I put everything on the card). I only go on 10-14 day cruises (except once for my son's honeymoon).

Archived