Anyone use Carnival transfers from HOU to Galveston recently?

SuzanneH

There will just be two of us, and so far the Carnival transfers seem to be the cheapest. (Still spendy, but cheaper than other options.) Has anyone had any experience recently with Carnival's transfers from Houston Hobby to the port? We have an early flight into Hobby the morning of the cruise, and on the CCL website it says they don't start until about 12p. Just looking to see if this runs true to experience. We are returning back out of IAH, and will probably just do Carnival transfers there, as well, unless anyone has other suggestions. THANKS so much!!

we booked with Z limo, and it was 91$ total each way from hobby to galveston.. for 3 of us..

that was the cheapest I found as far as shuttles or anything...

THANKS for the tip! There are only two of us, and the Carnival Shuttle is only $30 per person..... just trying to see if it is worth the extra to book a towncar or if the Carnival bus will be okay........

THANKS for the tip! There are only two of us, and the Carnival Shuttle is only $30 per person..... just trying to see if it is worth the extra to book a towncar or if the Carnival bus will be okay........

oooh thats alot cheaper,,, we are sailing on RCCL and they said we couldnt do their transportation since we are flying in the day before and going home the day after the cruise :(

oooh thats alot cheaper,,, we are sailing on RCCL and they said we couldnt do their transportation since we are flying in the day before and going home the day after the cruise

Well that isn't very nice of them :eek:!! I don't understand why it would be any different, if they are taking you to the airport regardless..... Although if I had a third person going I would be booking the limo, too :). I am somewhat hesitant about my flight out the day of debarkation with all of the fog in Galveston, but our flight isn't until about 6:30p so I am hoping we will be okay. Maybe I am just doing some wishful thinking that we will be stuck on the ship longer :D!!

oooh thats alot cheaper,,, we are sailing on RCCL and they said we couldnt do their transportation since we are flying in the day before and going home the day after the cruise :(

I did it in Miami and Tampa last year. Flew in the day before and left the day after and used the cruise line transportation both times. I just stayed at a hotel close to the airport both times (with a airport/hotel shuttle). I just picked a flight number that arrived about 11am on arrival day and left about 2pm after the cruise.. Give the cruise line the flight numbers and folks are waiting by the baggage claim when you "arrive". They check your name off the list and put you on the bus and off to the ship you go. easy

I did it in Miami and Tampa last year. Flew in the day before and left the day after and used the cruise line transportation both times. I just stayed at a hotel close to the airport both times (with a airport/hotel shuttle). I just picked a flight number that arrived about 11am on arrival day and left about 2pm after the cruise.. Give the cruise line the flight numbers and folks are waiting by the baggage claim when you "arrive". They check your name off the list and put you on the bus and off to the ship you go. easy

It's funny you should say this because I have thought the exact same thing before, just didn't say it. They don't check the passenger manifest on the airlines. It's very do-able, especially if you're staying at a hotel close to the airport. You can just catch the hotel shuttle back to the airport! LOL!

Archived