Costa Concordia SINKING!

cruiserfanfromct

If this little girl is his daughter, she still deserves support from the father.

If she is his daughter, I agree.

From that interview, she responds she doesn't know if the Captain is the father. Then goes on to say she "can't make a joke." She, as a mother, should be protecting that little girl not making her the object of a joke.

She's an immature self centered person.

Thanks so much for your all your translations and information - glad you came to help us out. Please do keep us posted on the findings tomorrow.

Still here! I didn't see the whole edition of tonight's news but they showed the transcription.

Apparently this article explains that he told the attorneys she wrote him an e-mail when he was in jail, she writes "I hate you, be strong" (??)

She told the attorney she went to get clothes for him and herself in his cabin and also his laptop. When they got to the island they were together for an hour from 4 to 5 a.m. Then she left for Rome and went home.

I think this girl is liking the attention very much, while swapping channels I heard an interview with her in french in which the reporter asks her "is Schettino the father of your daughter?" (c'mon!!) and she replies "I don't think so", the reporter asks "you don't think so, so you are not sure?" and she says something like "why, am I not allowed to joke anymore?" ... Then I decided I have already given her too much of my attention and switched channel.

I totally agree SomeBeach. I also think she should not be speaking directly to the press. If she's going to grant interviews she should at least have a lawyer or PR person by her side to guide her. While she may think she's mature, she's only 25 and a bit naive about how vicious and manipulative the media can be. She has no idea what she's getting herself into. I guess Costa has no control over her anymore since her contract expired. On top of all their other worries, Costa now has a loose cannon they have to contend with.

From that interview, she responds she doesn't know if the Captain is the father. Then goes on to say she "can't make a joke." She, as a mother, should be protecting that little girl not making her the object of a joke.

Here daughter should not even be in question. and her mother should make no mention of it. I am sure their household is not a pretty site right now. The worst that could happen is his wife would demand a paternity test. But that is still their private business. The only thing these passengers want to know is how this happend and why it happend.

I totally agree SomeBeach. I also think she should not be speaking directly to the press. If she's going to grant interviews she should at least have a lawyer or PR person by her side to guide her. While she may think she's mature, she's only 25 and a bit naive about how vicious and manipulative the media can be. She has no idea what she's getting herself into. I guess Costa has no control over her anymore since her contract expired. On top of all their other worries, Costa now has a loose cannon they have to contend with.

You are correct, a Loose Cannon! Now this video. I wonder what upper management thinks.

To have a lawyer or PR person on hand does not allow her to tease the media.

I disagree that she is "naive" as to how manipulative the press is. She's using them as much as they are using her.

An another note, Michelle is getting very frustrated with Costa.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=32376185&posted=1#post32376185

Whoever posted that they thought Domnica filmed the video might be correct. This is from the link I just posted:

"Last night, Corriere della Sera newspaper speculated that the sounds of heels near the mystery camera man or woman meant that the married captain's presumed lover, Domnica Cemortan, 24, may have taken the video."

To have a lawyer or PR person on hand does not allow her to tease the media.

I disagree that she is "naive" as to how manipulative the press is. She's using them as much as they are using her.

Perhaps, but she is then playing a very dangerous game that she will end up losing. The media is much more adept than she is. Remember, this is her first time in the spotlight with all this attention - I'm afraid it's going to end up badly for her. What cruise ship is going to want to hire her after all is said and done?

Whoever posted that they thought Domnica filmed the video might be correct. This is from the link I just posted:

"Last night, Corriere della Sera newspaper speculated that the sounds of heels near the mystery camera man or woman meant that the married captain's presumed lover, Domnica Cemortan, 24, may have taken the video."

It seems the authorities saw the video after it was given (or sold) to someone else. I don't know anything about the law in Italy but I wonder if she did indeed take that video and then withheld it from proper authorities, if that is a crime.

Perhaps, but she is then playing a very dangerous game that she will end up losing. The media is much more adept than she is. Remember, this is her first time in the spotlight with all this attention - I'm afraid it's going to end up badly for her. What cruise ship is going to want to hire her after all is said and done?

You are correct. The media will chew her up.

What do you make of that?

I did notice that everyone was extremely calm...the passengers waiting to get on the lifeboat...the crew members casually hanging around the hallways. You'd swear they were taking a smoke break, wouldn't you?

Strange reactions!

I noticed the crew in their life vests sort of lounging around and I also noticed that the doorways ?? Looked like the German pull down type of window shades ?? were down.

From what I coud see also, the ship was not listing to severely... Which brings me to believe that this may have been the 2nd life boat lowered from that side and being that everyone in the life boat appeared to be happy... I believe this one was launched before the Abandon Ship was ordered for everyone else aboard!!

Joanie

You have to keep a few things in mind.

According to her aunt, her father died when she was young. Her attraction to the "older" man could likely be because she wanted some sort of bond with a man that would be around her father's age.

(I don't say this with certainty, just offering a possibility. Reasons young woman get involved with older men vary. Status, power, money, father figures are among them.)

Not exactly her first time in the spotlight. Remember, she was a dancer, performing in front of audiences. Admittedly this puts her in front of a larger "audience" but it's still something she has had some experience with. I wouldn't be surprised if many performers on a ship hope to use the experience as a stepping stone to brighter lights.

The article suggests that within a half hour of the collision, the ship was at that crucial 20 degree list. If they are right, that timeline changes things quite a bit!

You have to keep a few things in mind.

According to her aunt, her father died when she was young. Her attraction to the "older" man could likely be because she wanted some sort of bond with a man that would be around her father's age.

(I don't say this with certainty, just offering a possibility. Reasons young woman get involved with older men vary. Status, power, money, father figures are among them.)

Not exactly her first time in the spotlight. Remember, she was a dancer, performing in front of audiences. Admittedly this puts her in front of a larger "audience" but it's still something she has had some experience with. I wouldn't be surprised if many performers on a ship hope to use the experience as a stepping stone to brighter lights.

These are all good points and perhaps she does seek these things and this could very well be what she's up to. But if in fact she took this video and sold it to the press she would be totally negating the information she gave in her previous interviews when she stated that she was called to the bridge to translate after the impact. We don't hear her translating anything.

This is her first interview, I believe (English subtitles):

I'm afraid it's going to end up badly for her. What cruise ship is going to want to hire her after all is said and done?

Her life is destroyed! She said that the prosecutors didn't ask her any personal questions, which seems likely because it's not exactly relevant in a court of law. She has already said that she is hated, and has been told that she is the shame of her nation. Since it won't come up in court, there won't be any proof if she is innocent. So those opinions will just cling to her, no matter whether she is guilty or innocent.

The article suggests that within a half hour of the collision, the ship was at that crucial 20 degree list. If they are right, that timeline changes things quite a bit!
That's the only English version article I could find for now. Can't find another one to back up that timing. Tomorrow will be part II of the video so maybe more articles will come out and the timeline can be verified. If it took only half hour to list to 20 degrees that's pretty scary. Stay tuned........

These are all good points and perhaps she does seek these things and this could very well be what she's up to. But if in fact she took this video and sold it to the press she would be totally negating the information she gave in her previous interviews when she stated that she was called to the bridge to translate after the impact. We don't hear her translating anything.

This is her first interview, I believe (English subtitles):

She states that there were 20 Officers were there as well.... NOT!!!!!!!!!!

We all saw the video and there were NOT 20 Officers there. Heck I do not think I saw more than a handfull let alone even 1/2 the amount she states.

Another point that I've not made, but believe that the Actual FEMALE voice we hear giving instructions to the passengers from the Bridge is the ONLY female Officer on the Bridge, Sylvia (I cannot remember her last name)

Joanie

Another point that I've not made, but believe that the Actual FEMALE voice we hear giving instructions to the passengers from the Bridge is the ONLY female Officer on the Bridge, Sylvia (I cannot remember her last name)

I didn't hear announcements made in five languages, let alone additional ones. Is there a special area where announcements are made?

Would announcements be part of the duties of a third officer?

She states that there were 20 Officers were there as well.... NOT!!!!!!!!!!

We all saw the video and there were NOT 20 Officers there. Heck I do not think I saw more than a handfull let alone even 1/2 the amount she states.

Joanie

Silvia Coronica I believe. That's right, the video showed the photos of all the officers that were there and there were a lot less than 20. I don't know why she would give false statements like that - did she know the whole thing was being taped? That's why I really don't think she taped it. Or maybe she did tape it and forgot what she said in that initial interview. This whole thing gets weirder by the day......:confused:

Her life is destroyed! She said that the prosecutors didn't ask her any personal questions, which seems likely because it's not exactly relevant in a court of law. She has already said that she is hated, and has been told that she is the shame of her nation. Since it won't come up in court, there won't be any proof if she is innocent. So those opinions will just cling to her, no matter whether she is guilty or innocent.

Silvia Coronica I believe. That's right, the video showed the photos of all the officers that were there and there were a lot less than 20. I don't know why she would give false statements like that - did she know the whole thing was being taped? That's why I really don't think she taped it. Or maybe she did tape it and forgot what she said in that initial interview. This whole thing gets weirder by the day......:confused:

If things don't come out during the trial (or even if they do,) just wait for the book. Everyone involved in scandals gets book offers these days. :rolleyes:

In the second video at around 1:36 or 1:37 there is a brief flash of what looks like a woman in a sleeveless black dress, but if it is, she looks much thicker in the arms than Cemorton. Much, much thicker.

Including Cemorton, the video commentary identifies 15 people.

Archived