LHR to Paris via Train

pseudoware

After our cruise, we (my wife & 2 sons, 12 and 10) have a flight to Heathrow, and we plan to spend a night at a hotel near St Pancras International (or very near a Tube station between LHR and St Pancras). The following morning, we plan to take the Eurostar to Paris before returning to London a few days later.

While in Paris, we will also need a secure place to store our luggage at or near St Pancras Int'l.

Any suggestions for a hotel and/or the luggage storage are really appreciated. Since this will likely be in the early evening and we will each have a luggage (and hand carry), a hotel that's easy to get to (as well as moderately priced, hopefully) is important.

We're also open to any suggestions for making this a more convenient process. This will be our first time in Europe. Thank you.

(The flight to LHR and the single night stay are set and can't be changed, if anyone is wondering why we just don't go directly to Paris.)

Two suggestions. E mail your hotel and ask them to hold it for you (maybe they will, maybe they won't) or you can leave it at St Pancras http://www.left-baggage.co.uk/ , not cheap, but hopefully peace of mind. I've not used this service, so perhaps others can comment.

Simon

Most hotels at St Pancras, even the cheap B&B's around Argylle Square offer a left luggage service to their guests

If you're not slumming it, both the Novotel St Pancras and Renaissance St Pancras are right next door to the Eurostar Station.

There is a left luggage office at both St Pancras and in front of Kings Cross station just across the road. Charges are steep 8.50 GBP per item for the first day, then 5 GBP each day after.

Unfortunately the same company has a monopoly at rail stations and airports in London for left luggage so a hotel will save you a lot.

Echo Handford re the Novotel St Pancras - 100 metres or so along the Euston Road so very near. If this doesn't suit theres the Radisson Edwardian Grafton which is a touch further along the same road. (couple of minutes taxi.) It's very pleasant and handy for restaurants nearby. Opposite is University College Hospital which has a cafe open to the public. They serve an excellent breakfast, if you don't wish to pay a silly price in the hotel.

Thanks for the replies. I was able to reserve a room @ the Howard Winchester Hotel by Argyle Sq. I'll ask if they'll store our luggage while we're in Paris. Otherwise, we'll just pay the man. What's another travel expense, right? :rolleyes:

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Archived