Grace Bay car rentals VS Tony's VS Nathan's

robinlbe

I've searched through the forums and can't find anything current in regard to Grace Bay Car Rentals....nor anything for Tony's Jeeps. A couple of weeks ago, I had emailed Nathan about reserving a golf cart to hold five of us, but he only had four-seaters. Plus, after all of the most recent reviews, we're beginning to wonder if we shouldn't try something a bit different.

Grace Bay rents Corollas for $55 a day, and we wouldn't have to worry about weather problems....

but I can't find anything recent about them....

Anyone know anything - good, bad, indifferent?

What about Tony's???

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I am wondering the same thing. We only have a family of 4 but the car rental is cheaper than the gulf cart. Do you have the contact info for Grace Bay?

Hopefully someone will answer soon:(

You may contact Dennis the Ass. Manager at dennis@gracebaycarrentals.com and he will help you out.But they do have a website http://www.gracecarrentals.com. Hope that helps!!

Based on our January experience with Nathan, I hope you find better and safer transportation with the agent recommended. This is a small island; on our first visit, we found a great taxi van driver who took us all over the island. No hassle and safe. Be careful as the safety standards are not like those in the US.

• 1 year later...

I send an e-mail to Nathan 1 week ago and no reply at this moment.

I search for Tony's Rental Car and it seems to be "dead".

Today I send an e-mail to Grace Bay Car Rental, and I'm waiting for reply.

Somebody have comments about Grace Bay Car Rental? Thanks.

I send an e-mail to Nathan 1 week ago and no reply at this moment.

I search for Tony's Rental Car and it seems to be "dead".

Today I send an e-mail to Grace Bay Car Rental, and I'm waiting for reply.

Somebody have comments about Grace Bay Car Rental? Thanks.

Grace Bay Car rental no longer works out of the cruise terminal.. It's Island rental who has the space to contact them email islandautorentals@hotmail.com....or call Mr. Neil Adams @ 649.231.4214.. hope that helps!!!

Edited by GuyGTGirl
grammar error..

I will let you know our experiences.....

Last June we were on Grand Turk and we booked a jeep through Tony. It was a perfect experience!! We had a really nice, air conditioned jeep which was just perfect for our family of five.

He got back with us right away every time we emailed.

When we returned I posted about our experience.

We are getting ready to return in a couple of weeks.

I emailed Tony again to book a rental, but I didn't hear back from him. I was quite disappointed, but emailed him a 2nd time. This time I did hear from him, and he explained he had been on vacation and didn't have access to his email. He also told me he didn't have anything available for the day we were going to be on GT. He gave me the name of someone else with whom to check.

In the meantime I had already checked with Grace Bay, and we have arranged to rent a car from there. They got back with us right away. Their main office is on a different island, but Dennis is their contact person right on GT. Normally they don't start renting cars until a little later in the morning, but because we dock earlier, they will have the care waiting for us.

The folks from Grace Bay and I have communicated back and forth several times.

Hope that helps.

robin

Edited by robinlbe
had the wrong name.

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from our cruise. We were at Grand Turk last Monday, and rented a car from Grace Bay. Although their main headquarters are on one of the other islands, they had one of their employees and a Toyota Corolla waiting for us.

For $73 (which included $10 insurance) we had the car the entire time we were there!!!

When we returned, we just pulled the car into one of their parking spaces (clearly marked), left the keys under the met, and left the car.

NOTHING could be easier.

We LOVED driving around the island.

This was our 2nd time to do this. Last year we rented from Tony, but had to walk outside the terminal to meet him. The steering wheel was on the left hand side of the jeep.

This year, the Grace Bay employee met us INSIDE the terminal and the car was inside the terminal. The steering wheel was on the right hand side, but because there's so little traffic, and the speed limit is so slow, my husband had no problem with that.

Plus, remember you drive on the left.

Being able to drive all over the island wherever you want is truly wonderful. I would NEVER do it any other way!! EVER.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

I HIGHLY recommend Grace Bay!!!:)

• 1 month later...

Do NOT rent from Grace Bay Car Rental if you are arriving at the Cruise Ship Terminal.

I had a confirmed reservation for July 9, 2013.

They are NOT located there.

They had promised to meet me there.

They did not.

I waited 30 minutes and then tried to contact them.

A call to their office was met with confusion.

A letter to them upon returning from my trip went unanswered!

• 1 month later...

We rented from Grace Bay in June and were EXTREMELY pleased!! With each email I sent, I rec'd a reply within 12 hours.

We are returning to Grand Turk next month....and we are again renting a car from them. We have corresponded six times within the last three days.

While it is true there is not a building for Grace Bay, they do have parking spots reserved for them AND they have an employee (in a Grace Bay shirt) meet you there. In June, he was waiting for us at the port - and even though their website says that reservations don't begin until 9am, they graciously met us by 7:30 am (because we ported at 7am).

We kept the car as long as we wanted - and just parked it back in their assigned spot when we returned. We left the key under the mat - and that was it. Nothing could have been easier....and they have been outstanding to work with.

I'm not sure what happened to the other cruiser who posted negatively, but I definitely recommend Leslie and Todd!!! Grace Bay, owned by these former USA teachers, gets an "A+" from me.

:)

robin

Grace Bay DOES operate in Grand Turk!!!!!

Not sure why the other poster said they didn't (and that was written before we DID rent from them....) and not sure why the other person had a bad experience......

Ours was perfect.

Looking forward to another perfect experience.

(just saying' )

;)

• 1 month later...

We just returned from our Carnival Breeze cruise. We rented a car from Grace Bay and it was great. I e-mailed back and forth a few times prior to booking and all correspondence was answered quickly. We also were in port at 7 am so we booked for 8 am and Jessie was waiting for us beside Indigo. A quick walk to the parking lot and we were on our way. They did not require our credit card until we arrived which we liked. We had the car for the day and as a previous poster mentioned just left the car with the key under the mat. We liked having a car so we could lock up our stuff while we explored and then again when we went snorkelling. It was an inexpensive alternative for the 4 of us. We wanted to see the island - although there is not a lot to see - but enjoyed it just the same.

Diane

• 4 weeks later...

When I heard back from Dennis in Grand Turk here is the e-mail he sent me along with the rental reservation confirmation:

Hi Diane,

I am Dennis from Grace Bay Car rentals Grand Turk about your reservation on Oct 8, 2013 at Cruise Center.

Yes we can deliver the car at 8am , so all you have to do once you get off the cruise just ask any of the security

the place Indigo Pearl shop our agent will wait you there his name Jessie his wearing a blue grace bay Tshirt

his going to assist you to your car and his going to get all your information, your drivers license and credit card.

About hte car we have this Toyota Corona that have space for long legs. by the way our waiting time for our guest

30 minutes so Jessie will wait you at Indigo from 8:00 to 8:30 am . Just let me know if there a time change.

My contact number is 649-231-8500. sorry for the late reply abput your reservation. If you have any question i'm

gladly to help you. We have map inside the car that can help you or ask Jessie for assistance .

I hope you enjoy exploring in Grand Turk and thank you for renting with us.

Regards,

Dennis

Here is the e-mail address:

info@gracebaycarrentals.com

Hope this helps.

Diane

Hi all. We'll be in Grand Turk on 12/6. I sent an email to the general info@gracebaycarrentals.com email address this morning. They replied right away. But the several messages they've exchanged with me have been from an email address that was todd@gracebaycarrentals.com, and each message has been signed "Leslie". They have availability the day we'll be in port, but the last email says to send a credit card number to reserve the car. Of course, I'm not comfortable emailing credit card info. But, especially since I haven't seen the names Todd or Leslie mentioned here before. Has anyone else been asked for credit card info to reserve the car?

Todd and Leslie Foss are the owners of Grace Bay Car Rentals and they work out of Providenciales. If you Google grace bay car rentals their website comes up with pictures of them and information about the company. I did correspond with them as well as Dennis from Grand Turk.

I did not give my credit card information prior to my rental - we did it when we picked the car up.