Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

Hi Luisrp, which feed are you watching?

The Reuters feed. And I have not seen that camera appear again.

It's kind of eerie seeing the ship in this angle at this moment. It is about the same angle, but sitting higher in the water of course, that many of the famous pictures of the ship listing and the water up to deck 3 or 4 with a large number of passengers still onboard were taken. That day it was still bright from the emergency lights. Now it is dark, ugly and truly a ghost ship. So sad. :(

I watched her go down and I have been drawn to this thread ever since we returned home from Italy! I have learned so much from all the experts on this sight and I am very grateful for that! We watched from the pier that night and my husband's comment that night as they were telling us to go ashore and get off the pier was that we had never watched a ship sink and unless someone came along with a gun, we weren't going anywhere, but staying there to watch. As a side note, we did not know that others were having such a hard time getting off...we had an easy evacuation after the delay!

Tonight I am even more fascinated to watch her coming back up...my prayer is that the workmen will all stay safe and that the two bodies may be located and finally put to rest in their homeland.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread....it is truly an amazing thing to have been part of and we will return to Giglio in a few months to say thanks and to see the ship upright!!

I can't imagine being in your shoes. It must be unreal to watch her rise again. Hoping this brings you peace.

Hi Qutlikeme (have I spelt that right, if not sorry its late)

So glad that (a) you survived and (b) you appear to have adjusted very well from the tragedy.

I totally agree with your wishes for the outcome of what happened.

I am so glad that this thread in a very small way has helped you.

Very Best Wishes

Clive

The Reuters feed. And I have not seen that camera appear again.

It's kind of eerie seeing the ship in this angle at this moment. It is about the same angle, but sitting higher in the water of course, that many of the famous pictures of the ship listing and the water up to deck 3 or 4 with a large number of passengers still onboard were taken. That day it was still bright from the emergency lights. Now it is dark, ugly and truly a ghost ship. So sad. :(

Thank you. I'm looking for another angle and thought you might have it. Will keep watching Reuters

Ship seems to be coming up fast - or faster than before

Thank you. I'm looking for another angle and thought you might have it. Will keep watching Reuters

Ship seems to be coming up fast - or faster than before

On the webcams - when they are available - the ship almost looks upright

It looks like there are lights on inside the ship. Do you think there are people in there?

I was wondering the same thing. I thought maybe it was lights just bouncing off that area. I know they were going inside to search the cabins for stuff. I don't know if they would go in at night, not knowing something could happen in all this process.

I'm sure I found this website somewhere on one of these threads, but I think it answers a lot of the questions. This is phase 3 of 5 in the overall project. It also wont be floating for a while. It will sit on a platform they have built while they work on the starboard side. Watching this plan be devised and implemented has been fascinating.

http://www.theparbucklingproject.com

qtlikeme- Also cannot imagine what it must be like to have escaped the ship and now be watching it return.

May I ask you a question? They say that they will be collecting all belongings from the cabins and returning them to you. Is this what the passengers want? Were you even consulted? Wondering how you feel about this. (and if this is an instrusive question- please forgive and ignore).

qtlikeme- Also cannot imagine what it must be like to have escaped the ship and now be watching it return.

May I ask you a question? They say that they will be collecting all belongings from the cabins and returning them to you. Is this what the passengers want? Were you even consulted? Wondering how you feel about this. (and if this is an instrusive question- please forgive and ignore).

Watching the parbuckling seems to be the natural thing to be doing tonight! This story is our story now...we were two among the 12 Canadians onboard and so this has become an everyday topic of conversation wherever we go..... We live in a small community where everyone knows everyone and not a day goes by without someone bringing this up! I have come to accept this and especially today I am starting to feel like this is the start of closure for me at least.

From the first communication with Costa upon our return home, we were asked to supply them with a list of the items in our safe. All along they have been quoted as saying they would do their best to return items from the safes to passengers. Fortunately we did not have anything of value with us on this vacation and ironically we had not taken the time to put anything into the safe as we had only boarded the ship at 5:30 that afternoon! We have replaced all the contents of our wallets except the cash which fortunately did not total much more than a few hundred euros.

To Clive : Thanks so much for your kind words...it means alot to me!!

This has been exciting - I work from home and I've had the feed going most of the day - and would check on it about every 30 mins - and you could see substantial movement each time.

As of this writing, we're only a few degrees off from 90... this has been exciting and impressive to watch.