Dream - Window table in Scarlet MDR?

DetroitMike1

Does anyone have experience requesting a table near the window in the MDR? I assume a request would have to be made to the Maitre D'... What are the chances of getting one? If we do get one, would it be for the entire cruise, or do they hold back those tables and put you back at your "regular" table on other nights... And if I can get one, what is an appropriate tip to give to thank the Maitre D'?

Thanks!

Yes, you would have to ask the MD. The time to see him is on embark day, usually around 1pm-ish. The place and time will be listed in the Fun Times.

If you were to get one, it would be for the duration.

It probably wouldn't be a table for two. Could be an oblong 8 top. So unless you arrived first, you could be sitting on the aisle side, not the window side.

No need to tip the MD, this is his job. If you're happy with the way he does his job, there will be an envelope provided at the end of the cruise for the MD. He'll be waiting at the entrance to the dining room on the last night...with his hand out.

I'd say the chances aren't too good that you'd get a window table. Everybody wants a window seat.

We requested a table for 4 on the Dream for September. (There were 4 of us). There were plenty of tables for 4 people but they put us at a table for 10. It was right next to the window and I got the window seat every night. Luckily for us our tablemates never showed up. The table next to ours was by the window and it was for two people. It was the table closest to the kitchen in a corner.

We had late seating so the window didn't make much of a difference. It was so dark you couldn't see anything except for a few waves here and there.

Archived