Welcome Home QE2

transat_jon

The QE2 is back to Southampton, along with QM2.

Four months ago I was on her for the crossing from Southampton to New York and after four months she has returned home. Sadly I am not in Southampton today, something that is anoying me as I had to head north for the weekend.

QM2 is due to sail before QE2 tonight so there is the chance of a fantastic photo of them passing from Hythe if you are in the area.

Also if you're in Southampton you'll notice Adonia in dry dock towards the container terminal end of the docks. If I remember right she is no longer sailing for P&O.

Transat John, We got on the QE2 in New York as you got off her spent 2 weeks onboard for the Carribean cruise. We only live 10 miles from Soutampton so went down to welcome her back from her world cruise. Brought back wonderful memories. Saw the QM2 also.:)

I am currently working in Southampton and comuting weekly. When I realised that I was going to be in Edinburgh the weekend the girls came back it was too late to swap flights (without costing about £100-£300) so I had to miss it.

I will be in Southampton when they each come back though, won't get to see them together again.

Archived