Does this beach and snorkel combo exist?

stephuney

I have spent the last couple of hours reading posts and surfing websites, but I just cant seem to find exactly what I am looking for and I wondered if anyone out there could tell me if this beach and snorkel combo exists?

I have a large group (15-20 people) stopping Cozumel and I would like to find an excursion that would allow us to take a snorkel trip out to Palancar Reef and the relax the rest of the day on the beach. We have a bunch of teenage kids in our group, so we'd like some beach toys ... but I want a pretty beach too.

Carnival has the Fury Catamaran excursion that actually sounds exactly like what I want, but it is kind of pricey ... and reviews say there isnt enough time at the beach. So, can I arrange something like that on my own?

Playa Mia seems like it might offer something like, but their website seems vague about the snorkeling excursions. Playa Mia also seems like it be a bit overwhelming and crowded (although probably fun for our group). I think this one is also offered through Carnival, but can you do this on your own for cheaper? If so, how does the pricing work?

I know Paradise Beach has some great reviews, but pics of the beach dont really look so great ... is it nicer than it looks? How does pricing work there? Can you arrange a snorkel trip from there?

I am open to any suggestion or would love to hear if someone has done something very similar to this or can comment on any of options above.

Thanks so much for your help!

Stephanie

Your dilemma is faced by many who visit Cozumel.

If you want the best snorkeling and the best beach, I recommned you only do one at this port and the other one at another port.

Yes you can go to one of the nice beaches, pay for all inclusive and then book a snorkeling trip for extra money, but I don't think you want to pay all that much.

Unfortunately the nice beaches don't have good snorkeling from shore.

You could go to the Money Bar which has great snorkeling, but no traditional beach to speak of (rocky entrance w/ stairs) and definately no water toys.

Nice, sandy beaches do not equal good snorkeling - to see lots of fish and life you need rocks and reefs.

Just about every beach on Coz will offer a snorkel excursion - you go in a boat to 1-3 good spots and snorkel for the prescribed time; some include free margaritas on the ride back. :D:D

Paradise, Mr. Sanchos or even Nachi would all work for you - nice beach, good food and drinks (all-inclusive at Nachi), pools, and the option to go on a snorkel trip for those who want while the rest fo your group relaxes, suns, and drinks. :D

Good luck! :)

You can look at Palancar Beach Club, quiet lovely beach that has a boat that will take your group snorkeling. The beach is sandy and secluded with beach chairs, bar and food service. Sandy beach, thus no great shore snorkeling, however the palancar reef is right here by boat. But no water toys; so like said above another beach club with toys may be the route to go and will have snorkeling trips too.

One of the Best places I've found to shore snorkel is at The Money Bar beach club. Nice place with good food.

Your dilemma is faced by many who visit Cozumel.

If you want the best snorkeling and the best beach, I recommned you only do one at this port and the other one at another port.

Yes you can go to one of the nice beaches, pay for all inclusive and then book a snorkeling trip for extra money, but I don't think you want to pay all that much.

Unfortunately the nice beaches don't have good snorkeling from shore.

You could go to the Money Bar which has great snorkeling, but no traditional beach to speak of (rocky entrance w/ stairs) and definately no water toys.

volive - Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, I cant do beach and snorkel at my other port because it is Progreso, and there isnt much there in the way of beaches that I am interested in. I'm not looking to shore snorkel. I'm specifically looking for a sandy fun beach with an option for a snorkel tour to either Palancar or Colombia reefs. Money Bar does not sound like it fits that description. If you can recommend which nice beach has a snorkel trip option, I would appreciate a specific recommendation that I might be able to read about on their website. I'm a bit of a planner and like to do a lot of research. Thanks!

You can look at Palancar Beach Club, quiet lovely beach that has a boat that will take your group snorkeling. The beach is sandy and secluded with beach chairs, bar and food service. Sandy beach, thus no great shore snorkeling, however the palancar reef is right here by boat. But no water toys; so like said above another beach club with toys may be the route to go and will have snorkeling trips too.

One of the Best places I've found to shore snorkel is at The Money Bar beach club. Nice place with good food.

Thanks ... I will see what I can find online about Palancar Beach Club.

Nice, sandy beaches do not equal good snorkeling - to see lots of fish and life you need rocks and reefs.

Just about every beach on Coz will offer a snorkel excursion - you go in a boat to 1-3 good spots and snorkel for the prescribed time; some include free margaritas on the ride back. :D:D

Paradise, Mr. Sanchos or even Nachi would all work for you - nice beach, good food and drinks (all-inclusive at Nachi), pools, and the option to go on a snorkel trip for those who want while the rest fo your group relaxes, suns, and drinks. :D

Good luck! :)

John - Thanks for the info. I checked Paradise Beach website and can't find out anything specific about snorkel trips. If you know a way to find out, I would appreciate it. I like Paradise Beach. You know, I tried to check Mr Sanchos the other night, but because of the flash, my iPad wouldn't open the website, and I

forgot to go back and check it from my laptop. I will check that out for sure!

We've been to many of the beaches and usually it's just a guy with brochures and maybe a photo albumn on the beach or near the entrance selling snorkel trips. Our last trip was to Nachi and the folks sitting next to us who went on that snorkel trip were very happy - I skipped it for more time at the swim up bar. :o

You could go to the Money Bar for great snorkeling right from shore, and then head down the road to Paradise or one of the other spots with a better beach and pool. Good luck! :)

Sounds like your serious about your snorkeling and I LIKE THAT! :D

Try this,

I always always always use Eagle Ray Divers, contact Chellie and ask her what the chances are of her taking you to the 2 reefs you desire and then dropping you off at the beachclub you desire by noon or 1pm. She may even be able to barder with the beach club to give you a package deal, but don't quote me on that. Just talk to Chellie, she will do as much as possible to make it happen. ;)

Sounds like we planeed well for our trip. So far 8 of us traveling together, and we booked Nachi. Plan on getting right off the ship, and grab a taxi there. Snorkel trip booked for 7 of us, nothing like a private trip!

Nachi has been quick and personal emailing back, with receipts included. Just a $10 reservation fee holds all spots needed.

You pay the remainder when you arrive, the same goes for the snorkel trip (no reservation hold $).

They say up to 8 for snorkeling, but would be fine with 9 if we have another couple join, just let them know ahead of time.

I can't wait!

Sounds like your serious about your snorkeling and I LIKE THAT! :D

Try this,

I always always always use Eagle Ray Divers, contact Chellie and ask her what the chances are of her taking you to the 2 reefs you desire and then dropping you off at the beachclub you desire by noon or 1pm. She may even be able to barder with the beach club to give you a package deal, but don't quote me on that. Just talk to Chellie, she will do as much as possible to make it happen. ;)

This I like! Thanks!

Sounds like we planeed well for our trip. So far 8 of us traveling together, and we booked Nachi. Plan on getting right off the ship, and grab a taxi there. Snorkel trip booked for 7 of us, nothing like a private trip!

Nachi has been quick and personal emailing back, with receipts included. Just a $10 reservation fee holds all spots needed.

You pay the remainder when you arrive, the same goes for the snorkel trip (no reservation hold $).

They say up to 8 for snorkeling, but would be fine with 9 if we have another couple join, just let them know ahead of time.

I can't wait!

Sounds great, when do you go?

Archived