I'm so undecided ...

ibcnusoon

We will be on the Carnival Victory this Thanksgiving, making stops in San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and St. Maarten. I have just about narrowed down what we will do on each island EXCEPT Barbados.

I can't figure out what to do here. I'm thinking all-inclusive resort with a beach but do I really want to spend my day in Barbados in a resort? Then I was thinking of a snorkel to the turtles, can anyone recommend a tour that leaves from the ship's dock?

We also thinking of goingt o Cockspur Beach Club and doing the Malibu rum tour but I heard negative things about this beach (basically, the sand isn't pretty).

Our final thought was The Boatyard but don't want to sandwiched in to a chair in a crowd.

Any suggestions?

We will be on the Carnival Victory this Thanksgiving, making stops in San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and St. Maarten. I have just about narrowed down what we will do on each island EXCEPT Barbados.

I can't figure out what to do here. I'm thinking all-inclusive resort with a beach but do I really want to spend my day in Barbados in a resort? Then I was thinking of a snorkel to the turtles, can anyone recommend a tour that leaves from the ship's dock?

We also thinking of goingt o Cockspur Beach Club and doing the Malibu rum tour but I heard negative things about this beach (basically, the sand isn't pretty).

Our final thought was The Boatyard but don't want to sandwiched in to a chair in a crowd.

Any suggestions?[/quote

DH and I are dong this same cruise the week after you - just curious, what tours did you decide on?

thanks

Any suggestions?[/quote

DH and I are dong this same cruise the week after you - just curious, what tours did you decide on?

thanks

We love the beach, my husband not so much but as long as their is shade, he'll be ok. We are traveling with our 2 older teen daughters who prefer beach days over sightseeing.

St. Thomas - deciding whether to go to Sapphire Beach for the day with ir Force One or to St. John on our own.

Barbados - can't decide. Snorkel with the turtles? The Boatyard for a beach day? Hilton for a day pass?? This is the day after a sea day so we'll definately want to get off the ship and do something.

St. Lucia - catamaran ride to Pitons, am going to look into Mystic Tours. We have heard too many horror stories about other tour guides that have sea-based transportation to the Pitons with snorkeling. Would prefer catamaran over powerboat.

St. Kitts - Lions Rock / Reggae Beach Bar on Cockshell Beach, with a thought of taking a hobie cat over to Nevis for an hour or two.

St. Maarten - most likely Bernards tour. In reality, would like to do his tour but bypass Orient Beach and go straight to Maho Beach after spending the morning at Margot. Not sure I want to be in a van full of people wanting to do something else, so I'm wondering if I should do a private tour.

What are your plans so far?

Just started the planning stage - but I am leaning toward going to St John's at our St Thomas stop, DD and SIL have been to ST Thomas twice and said we must go there.

Looking at Thenford Grey in St. Kitts and Spencer Ambrose in St. Lucia, because of all the good reviews on CC. One of my FB friends goes to ST Kitts every year, so I'll check with her.

Undecided about St Maarten-but want to be sure and see both sides. Will have to check out Bernards.

Have no idea about Barbados.

Want to see as much as possible, of course.

On my " must see" list are Maho, the Pitons, maybe Caribelle Batik.

We may just have to make another trip in the future.

On our first visit to Barbados, we did a catamaran tour - turtles, lunch , snorkeling... The lunch was great, so was the visit to the beach at Batts Rock (not crowded).

Afterwards, we stayed at The Boatyard for a hour or so. Great for both adults and kids.

We love the beach and the water, so this was perfect for us.

Cheers, P:)

Any suggestions?

We just got back. We booked ahead with Shasa Catamaran, snorkel with turtles & coral reefs & shipwreck. It was Great!!! Shasa only takes 12 people so it isn't crowded. They got there before the ship group, which was very crowded. I highly recomend Shasa for Barbados!!! They pick you up at the port & take you to the catamaran & bring you back!

St. Thomas we did Sapphire Beach it is a beautiful beach. We took a taxi. $10 ea each way. Lounge is $7 for day.:)

Archived