Can you request a specific MDR table?

palmbaytish

I was just curious if you can request a window table or a table for 4 for the main dining room prior to departure by calling Customer Service. It is my husband, my daughter and I and although we are by no means anti-social, both of us prefer not being at a huge table with people we don't know.

I just wasn't sure if you could make arrangements ahead of time or had to wait until the cruise. I remember our first Carnival cruise. It was our Honeymoon and we were seated with some very, very odd people (think Bette Davis in "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?") and we later requested another table for ourselves and were easily accomodated, but I just wanted to know if we could have our arrangements planned out in advance.

Your thoughts?

Once on board I head to the MDR and speak with the Maitre'd. Ask how many people are at my table, etc. Sometimes, I'll asked to be switched right then before the first dinner. It's never been a problem. So if you can't request something specific prior to sailing, this might be an option.

Unless you are YTD then you can request a table for 3 by sending John Heald a FB message or posting on his blog. He will forward your request to the MD on the ship.

There was another post earlier that showed the email address for the maitre d it was something like XXmaitred(at)carnival.com where the XX is the two letter designation for the ship.

You should include your names, booking number, stateroom number, sail date and your table configuration request.

Archived