Wine package or buy at bottle at the bar?

I'm off on my second RCCL cruise on 13th Feb on Liberty. On my first cruise last year, I purchased a wine package but didn't realise that the wine was only available once we were in the dining room (not sure what would happen if you ate in the Windjammer?). I was wondering if it would be a good idea to buy a bottle each day from one of the bars as I like to have a glass while I'm getting ready for the evening? Would this work out cheaper/dearer and would I be able to take it into the dining room to have the rest with my meal?

You are supposed to be able to get a bottle from your wine package in the windjammer. I know you can get them at the Specialty restaurants. If you want a bottle for your cabin, ask for an unopened bottle from your package at dinner the night before and take it back to your cabin. Also ask for an opener and glasses. They will give them to you. If you enjoy the wines in the package, it does work out to be less expensive per bottle, especially if you like the higher priced ones in the package.

Mary Anne

Do a search for "wine package analysis" and you will see that woof22 did a great job showing what wines are a bargain for each package. Follow the link in my signature and you will see the full wine list.

The wine package is only a bargain if you like the wines offered. As the prior poster said, you can order an extra bottle to take with you from dinner, or you can go to the Windjammer or specialty restaurants and get one. But if the dining rooms aren't open and you fancy a bottle at some point, go to any bar and they will have something to sell you. Not a package bottle, but maybe something else that you'd like. :)

The packages are a better deal then buying one at a time in the bars. You can get your wine at dinner or lunch and just take it with you. You don't have to drink it in the restaurant or MDR. On nights before sea days, we always ordered 2 of our bottles - one with our meal, one for the next day at sea (DW spends time in room reading and likes a glass while reading). We also found that you can take your unopened bottle to any of the bars and they will gladly open it and serve it to you there.

Will

I order all my stuff for the cabin on Gifts & Gear. I know you can't buy any bottles on ship to take to your cabin. I assume nobody would stop you leaving the dining room with a bottle from the table.

On Gifts & Gear you can order it all come at the same time or be delivered over the course of the cruise.

As stated there are no deals on liquior.

No idea what to do about booze, I do not drink much but my mum likes the odd glass. We will have the kids with us in the evenings but I expect me and mum will want a few at nighttime too!

Do they do deals on the cocktails??

Good idea about the gifts and gear, I think I will treat us to some wine in our cabin for when we are getting ready and then carry on after the meal somewhere!!

Archived