Gem 9 day itinerary from NY to caribbean question

Brewyourown2001

The ship arrives at port at 10AM and leaves at 4PM. The NCl website says disembarkation begins 2 hours after arriving at port and that due to security reasons all passengers must be onboard 2 hours prior to sailing. So this means, they have to get all passengers off the ship and all passengers on the ship between 12PM and 2PM. How is this possible?

The ship usually docks in N.Y. around 8 A.M. Nobody can get off until Customs & Immigration allows it. You'll probably get off between 9:45 A.M. - 10:45 A.M.

Meanwhile, the cabin stewards are cleaning the cabins, and the supplies are being loaded onto the ship.

The new passengers start boarding around 12 Noon. When you check in at the pier, you're given a group number. You sit in the terminal. When your number is called, you board the ship.

Go to sit-down lunch in the Grand Pacific Dining Room, or go to the buffet in the Garden Café. Cabins aren't ready until about 2 P.M.

In the N.Y. pier, the people leaving the previous cruise are on one level. The arriving passengers are on another level so they don't conflict with each other.

The ship usually docks in N.Y. around 8 A.M. Nobody can get off until Customs & Immigration allows it. You'll probably get off between 9:45 A.M. - 10:45 A.M.

Meanwhile, the cabin stewards are cleaning the cabins, and the supplies are being loaded onto the ship.

The new passengers start boarding around 12 Noon. When you check in at the pier, you're given a group number. You sit in the terminal. When your number is called, you board the ship.

Go to sit-down lunch in the Grand Pacific Dining Room, or go to the buffet in the Garden Café. Cabins aren't ready until about 2 P.M.

In the N.Y. pier, the people leaving the previous cruise are on one level. The arriving passengers are on another level so they don't conflict with each other.

That's what I thought, but when you look at that cruise itenerary it says ship arrives at 10AM. Other cruised show the arrival at 8AM, but this one shows 10AM.

Maybe they have a mistake on the itinerary listing?

That's what I thought, but when you look at that cruise itenerary it says ship arrives at 10AM. Other cruised show the arrival at 8AM, but this one shows 10AM.

Maybe they have a mistake on the itinerary listing?

OP, I was just about to emphasize your point. This itinerary does not indicate the usual. So, it is hard to say whether it will go the way Studebaker describes.

Unless someone has seen this 10 arrival before???

I did the same itinersry on the Jewel last year. The arrival time was also shown as 10AM but we got in between 7:30 & 8:00. I was off before 9AM and that wasn't with self disembarkation.

Thanks, Booklady. That makes sense.

My itinerary also said 10 A.M. N.Y. arrival, but I believe the Captain tries to arrive earlier because of what needs to be done disembarking the old passengers, and embarking the new ones, plus loading supplies, and fueling the ship.

We were at the pier around 8 A.M. despite the fact that our itinerary did say 10 A.M. This was true for the following cruise as well.

Archived