Lunch options on Golden Princess?

BGarbo

Hello All!

I've done some searching and just wanted some more information on lunch options throughout our cruise. I know so far that there is the International Cafe, the buffet (which I'm not fond of), room service, the pizza and burger places...but is there any other sit-down options? Like a regular restaurant option during the day? If so, is it a extra charge? I don't plan on doing a sit-down meal for lunch most days, but I also don't want to be stuck eating burgers, pizza, and buffet food each and every day.

Thanks in advance!

Jenovia

The dining room is open for lunch (at no extra charge) on sea days...and often there is a special pub lunch in one of the lounges at no extra charge

Thanks! Do we need to make reservations or do we just show up? Also, can we dine by ourselves or do we sit with others?

Sorry, I've cruised with Princess before but we NEVER used the DR option during lunch. Just want to be prepared.

Jenovia

On some of the sea days, the Horizon has a special station outside in the pool area with a theme: Asian Stir Fry, Soups, Mexican, etc. You can get a plate there and supplement with what's in the buffet. Just giving you another option (we often went to the buffet but we're not foodies). On other days, we would get a grilled chicken sandwich from the grill (a choice besides hot dogs and burgers). There's also lunch items in the IC but seating in the Piazza is limited so you might end up taking your plates elsewhere (the Horizon, Explorers Lounge, your cabin, any other location -- it's all okay). Make sure to sample the cookies!

You can check out the menus for the dining room that's open for lunch and the Crown Grill that are on display right outside those venues. If you're willing to share a table with others, you'll get seated faster.

No need to reserve any location for lunch. The times that the MDR and the CG are open for lunch will be listed in the Patters.

I have read that the main dining room isn't open for lunch on port days. On the Golden, in August (Alaska), we have a couple of days we are only in ports for 4 - 5 hours. Are those counted as port days? Will the Main Dining room be open?

Archived