Ladies, show me your cruise dress!

ajhunt2

Re eBay red dress purchase

I will update you all as soon as I receive them and give you my opinion on quality etc

The ebay seller is the same for all 4 dresses. "Wholesale2011price" is what shows on my mobile view

I love the items she has and by the looks and measurements I think the dresses will work for all sizes

Not only am I a size 16 but a well endowed size 16

that picture has been around these boards for years

I remember when that "dress" pic was first posted. The husband put it up and was so proud of it, he then posted numerous times defending it. I got the feeling the thing (I can't really call it a dress) was his idea, not hers and the tone I got (speaking only for myself) from his posts was controlling. I felt sorry for her.

He posted this and another pic because he was upset the cruise ship personnel told them to return to their cabin and for her to change or cover up. He didn't get a whole lot of support. The ship they were on was not a "lifestyle" cruise, which as I recall was the reason for him wanting to display his wife this way, there were lots of families onboard.

It is amusing, in a twisted sort of way. I've wondered if she is proud of this photo being on the Internet all these years.

Over the years I've learned that many dresses that I don't care for are loved by others, so I just try my best not to give my opinon. Sometimes it's not easy, especially when I think people are giving an opinion just to be nice, not honest.

Here is what I wore for the first formal night. I am trying to find a photo of me standing so you get a better sense of the dress, but for now...

P2060073.jpg

For the second formal night, I wore a more traditional little black dress (sheath).

Here ya go, LOL!!:

chainmail-dress.jpg

The chain mail dress raises the interesting question of someone being comfortable in their skin versus offending other people by what they are wearing. I cannot imagine any establishment allowing someone to expose themselves like that. And yes, that is a bum crack as we call them in Australia and normally only seen on poorly dressed men who work in labouring jobs and whose pants are too small.

It also means she isn't wearing any knickers so grab that mental image when she sits down with no fabric to cover her, um, nether regions.

Edited by Pushka

0084768702200_60X60.gif

And because I can't get a bigger pic,

http://www.walmart.com/ip/goddess-convertible-dress/19411356

It's one of those dresses you can change the way you do the straps. Gonna be my beach dress or maybe my embarkation dress. LOL

And only $18!!!!

This is really cute. Have you gotten it yet? I was wondering what the fabric was like?

Oh wow! Somehow I've missed this picture. Perhaps we should envy her confidence & self esteem?

I know I do. I love seeing what other people wear. I wouldn't wear many other things that I see, but that's what makes the world go round, isn't it? It's like Goldilocks, some people wear too little, some wear too much, and some are just right!