Ladies, show me your cruise dress!

ajhunt2

the second is cute to me as well but I'm just unsure of the pattern on you, which is why I chose the solid colors. Sometimes patterns make you look bigger than you really are and it's just a lot safer to go w/ solids. But if you don't care about that I'd say go with the second!

Here are my 2 formal dresses from my last cruise. I decided to wear two floor length dresses...

CarnivalValor2012063.jpg

CarnivalValor2012345.jpg

I found that not many people were wearing floor length dresses, but I didn't really care. I always seize the opportunity on cruises to wear my floor length gowns, as they just sit in my closet collecting dust the other 364 days out of the year :P

Gorgeous. I don't know which I like best.

cruisedress.png

I wore this on my first cruise to our formal dinner. It was a tank and a skirt that I paired with a waist belt.

I know it's short but hey, I'm 6feet so its hard to find dresses to fit my length! It was perfect though b/c after dinner I didn't have to completely change like everyone else, I just took my skirt off, slipped on some jeans and voila! I think I'm to do a versatile outfit like that again for my upcoming cruise in April.

Lexi,

I'm not a fashionista at all. I'm a fashion and budget challenged plain Jane, but still that outfit looks kind of casual for formal night to me. Am I that clueless?

Lexi,

I'm not a fashionista at all. I'm a fashion and budget challenged plain Jane, but still that outfit looks kind of casual for formal night to me. Am I that clueless?

You are not clueless at all. You are dead on when saying the outfit is casual and not at all formal (unless one is dressing up for McDonald's).

Martini Mom & MrsZee it's okay, there's always one that thinks they know everything. She can kiss my casual ass for all I care lol.

It was my first cruise and I didn't know exactly how "formal" formal night was going to be so I worked with what I had, which worked fine IMO. But now that I know what to expect, my formal dress has been ordered in advance!

I think it looks fine.

Do we really have to bring drama to this thread?

Back to the dresses!

This isnt a dress but they're my first pair of 1) heels and 2) shoes that cost more than $30.

I'm really excited about them and can't wait to wear them on my cruise.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1329431217154.jpg.43b1a45096f9311f2c63e798d0bd5d55.jpg

Edited by TriciaEMTB

Martini Mom & MrsZee it's okay, there's always one that thinks they know everything. She can kiss my casual ass for all I care lol.

It was my first cruise and I didn't know exactly how "formal" formal night was going to be so I worked with what I had, which worked fine IMO. But now that I know what to expect, my formal dress has been ordered in advance!

You are so right. On my first cruise I did not realize that people really dress up so I had to use what I had. Oh, and my daughter forgot dress shoes so she had to wear her gym shoes so I am sure that there was a comment or two. However, I thought your dress was fine for formal night.

I think it looks fine.

Do we really have to bring drama to this thread?

Back to the dresses!

This isnt a dress but they're my first pair of 1) heels and 2) shoes that cost more than $30.

I'm really excited about them and can't wait to wear them on my cruise.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Nice :D

Yes, please no drama on the dress boards!

So my problems in dress shopping is that i want bright happy dresses and everyone i guess is not quite on the spring season yet. Everything is so dark and drab. But starting to see some stuff. Old Navy has some really cute just every day dresses.

Yes, please no drama on the dress boards!

So my problems in dress shopping is that i want bright happy dresses and everyone i guess is not quite on the spring season yet. Everything is so dark and drab. But starting to see some stuff. Old Navy has some really cute just every day dresses.

Target already has all of their bikinis out :eek:. Too cold to think about that right now. ;)