May Sound Stupid But Do they Take Bottled Water

Beverlyhamilton

I drink only bottled water as most, and question is I hear that you can't bring alcohol on board but can you bring as much water as I can carry on board in bottles or will they take that too??

My TA said they will not take your wine but wll take booze (no idea what the difference is but.....) But still want to know if water ok in a gallon jug???

We brought a 6 pack of water with us on our first cruise and had no problem. We refilled them as necessary on the ship..the water on the boat was great and from what I hear, it is the same way on most ships as they take special care to make sure the water is purified, distilled..etc. One of my water bottles was filled with vodka and we had no problem. You can also buy bottled water at stores in ports which will be cheaper than the $3++ per bottle on the ship

We brought a 12 pack of water and a 12 pack of Diet Dr. Pepper with us with no questions asked. They allow a "reasonable amount." I supposed reasonable to them is within a 12 pack each. We also purchased more at other ports as we needed it.

• 2 weeks later...

As best I can determine, most cruise lines follow a policy regarding alcohol that if you make reasonable efforts to keep it out of sight, they do not confiscate it. We purchased vodka and rum at the duty free shop in San Juan and carried it aboard in our zipped carry on bag and had no trouble. Those who carried it in plain sight had it confiscated. I don't think there's any prohibition for soft drinks and water. I had planned to put my vodka in an empty water bottle but there was no need for this subterfuge. Just remember to take mixers because the (Golden) Princess ships are quite stingy with fruit juices.

Archived