Snorkeling life vest

mitsugirly

Does anyone own the Leisure Pro orange snorkeling vest? (The cheapest one they have for $24). Any luck with it or does it even work good? I know several people on here order stuff from Leisure Pro and was just wondering.

We are thinking about buying these for our upcoming cruise. Not looking to spend too much and just need something for snorkeling. Don't need all the "extras", just something that works.

BLRSV.JPG

Also, I don't have a clue how you figure the size chart??? :confused:

Small Medium Large X-Large spcr.gifspcr.gifspcr.gifspcr.gifspcr.gif Head Hole 6.5" X 8.5" 7.5" X 9.5" 8" X 10.25" 8.25" X 10.25" Height 19.5" 22.75" 25" 26.75" Width Top 12.5" 13" 15.5" 18.5" Width Bottom 14.5" 16.75" 18" 19.5" Body Length 14.75" 17.5" 19.75" 22.25"

What size would an adult around 5'6" and 145 pounds need?

Also adult around 5'10" and 170 pounds need?

We are thinking about buying these for our upcoming cruise

Assume these are for when you do your own snorkeling? Because if you take an excursion, they provide them.

Sorry - haven't a clue on how to figure out the size. :confused:

Although, wait, if you cut and paste your questions into the Q/A option on that snorkel vest's webpage, LeisurePro is usually pretty quick at posting an answer.

Wait again! I just went and looked and if you click on the Q&A tab, looks like other people have asked about sizing. Maybe that will help. :)

Also, I don't have a clue how you figure the size chart??? :confused:

Small Medium Large X-Large spcr.gifspcr.gifspcr.gifspcr.gifspcr.gif Head Hole 6.5" X 8.5" 7.5" X 9.5" 8" X 10.25" 8.25" X 10.25" Height 19.5" 22.75" 25" 26.75" Width Top 12.5" 13" 15.5" 18.5" Width Bottom 14.5" 16.75" 18" 19.5" Body Length 14.75" 17.5" 19.75" 22.25"

What size would an adult around 5'6" and 145 pounds need?

Also adult around 5'10" and 170 pounds need?

I would look to find a local dive shop and purchase one there. I have been diving for 15 years and would never buy a thing from Leisure Pro. A local dive shop might cost a few dollars more, but it will be a better quality.

From the pic, that one doesn't have a crotch strap. Try to buy one with crotch strap, it'll help to prevent the vest from coming off your head, or floating up and pressing about your neck.

Right. That's what I was wondering on some that I've looked at too. To me, it looks like it has the crotch strap (up and down), but you can't see the one that goes around the waist (which would be side to side). :confused:

Assume these are for when you do your own snorkeling? Because if you take an excursion, they provide them.

Sorry - haven't a clue on how to figure out the size. :confused:

Although, wait, if you cut and paste your questions into the Q/A option on that snorkel vest's webpage, LeisurePro is usually pretty quick at posting an answer.

Wait again! I just went and looked and if you click on the Q&A tab, looks like other people have asked about sizing. Maybe that will help. :)

Yes, we do our own snorkeling. Cost effective that way. :D

Aren't they only 6.00 to rent per day? I wonder if you can share between family members. Like for us 3 might scuba for a bit, and then the other 2 later? Or will them make everyone rent one? This one here is 24.00? You would have to use it 4 cruises to make it your moneys worth?

There are some places we are going this trip that does not have a place to rent anything. So, we are having to buy some for the hubby and I. My daughter and her bf can share with us. But, we at least need 2 of them.

If you add up how many ports you visit each cruise and snorkel at them, for every year...we could have already bought them and paid for themselves. So, it just makes sense to buy them anyhow. :) We always snorkel more than one port. We are water people and LOVE snorkeling any time we can. So actually, one cruise alone could pay for them. :D

There are dive shops all over the world. You would be surprised where you will find them. Even the great white north has dive shops.:D

There's even snorkeling at Ketchikan, Alaska:

Your excursion begins with a short drive from the pier to the snorkel shop, where you'll slip into your wetsuit in the comfort of a heated dressing room. You're sure to stay toasty warm in this state-of-the-art, 7mm wetsuit complete with hood, boots and gloves as you hover among Alaska's diverse and colorful marine life. Thanks to a Japanese current, long summer days and the lack of glaciers in this area, water temperatures reach 65 degrees Fahrenheit in mid-summer.

Mountain Point is southeast Alaska's premier snorkeling destination. The shallow tide pools teem with marine life and steep underwater rock walls allow for free diving. Your guides, highly trained PADI professionals, equip you with prescription masks, Scubapro Twin Jet fins and optional weight belts for free diving.

orkeling at Ketchikan Alaska:

There are some places we are going this trip that does not have a place to rent anything. So, we are having to buy some for the hubby and I. My daughter and her bf can share with us. But, we at least need 2 of them.

If you add up how many ports you visit each cruise and snorkel at them, for every year...we could have already bought them and paid for themselves. So, it just makes sense to buy them anyhow. :) We always snorkel more than one port. We are water people and LOVE snorkeling any time we can. So actually, one cruise alone could pay for them. :D

There are some places we are going this trip that does not have a place to rent anything. So, we are having to buy some for the hubby and I.

I ws reading someone said Target and Sports Authority have them, get the brand ,"US Diver".

There are some places we are going this trip that does not have a place to rent anything. So, we are having to buy some for the hubby and I.

I ws reading someone said Target and Sports Authority have them, get the brand ,"US Diver".

US diver is the brand that we went with for our mask, snorkel and fins. They came in the mail yesterday and after trying them on, they feel great! We can't wait to try them in the caribbean now. :D

Archived