noro viirus

Watson's aunt

Yes, but you still have to put your own contaminated hand into your own eyes, nose and/or mouth to get the bug into you. Watching more what you do with your own hands and less worry about what others have done with theirs, is the better risk avoidance equation.

Excellent advice. Someone suggested using a cocktail napkin on the Lido serving utensils. I know on some lines, you're not allowed to serve yourself in the buffet.

hi

has anyone done a study when the noro virius is most active? I know a lot is blame on kids in schools. but just wondering if its the seasons. Do many people get it in summer months where they take a ship out of service to clean it

Not a study on noro-virus but the book ACHOO about the rhino-virus (common cold) found "flu season" comes mainly when children go back to school as they are the prime carriers spreading it out and beyond. http://www.amazon.com/Achoo-Interesting-Youll-About-Mysterious/dp/1553374517

I always assumed "flu season" was because of the oncoming winter weather until I read this book which is full of studies and common sense suggestions about disease prevention , symptom care and myth busting so one concentrates on what works best in the big picture.

And even sometimes to sit back and enjoy getting laid up because if you get something mild, it might well prevent you from getting something worse. (The author explains how this happens once your immune system gets triggered fighting the less virulent bug.)

Excellent advice. Someone suggested using a cocktail napkin on the Lido serving utensils. I know on some lines, you're not allowed to serve yourself in the buffet.

It was Sail7Seas who advised us that she uses cocktail napkins on serving utensils. I thought that was excellent advise! I plan on doing the same from now on.

Archived