Marina Cabin 7004

rgastin

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are sailing on the Marina for the first time in August. We had a B4 Guarantee and recently found out that we've been assigned cabin 7004. Has anyone had this cabin before and if so what did you think of it? Thanks in advance for any information you might have.

Ron

I would say you got lucky with 7004. That cabin has a bigger balcony than almost all others except suites. We chose 7000 for our August cruise on her. Search the forum. I recall lengthy discussions with photos regarding these special cabins. Only downside, I recall, is people above can see part of your balcony. Jim in Ohio

I just booked this on the Riveria, and could not beleive that I was getting a 10- 12 ft 142 sq ft VS 42 . I cant see any down side for me, I am not concerned with the privacy issue... no big deal.

I havent been in the cabin but the layout is excellent shower and seperate tub ... but best of all is the position of the closet. I hate in hall closets as it creates a "mummys tomb" when you open closet doors the bathroom is blocked so it the cabin door...

Do you think my wife would get seasick that close to the front? We'll be in the Baltic so hoping it will be smooth sailing.

It is possible

If worried I would ask for a cabin further back

You can never tell what the seas will be like

Did you see this post from Mura?

We were in 10001 on Marina in October (a Med cruise) which is as far forward as you can get and there were only about 3 hours of rough motion throughout the entire cruise. (We were already in bed that night and didn't feel it.)

Ships per se all float in the ocean. The ocean is no constant motion

No amount of tech or position is total going to eliminate it

Whatever cruise, on whatever ship and in whatever sea a passenger will feel motion to some extent. Sometimes more sometimes less.

There will never be zero. To sail on a ship is to accept that the will include a lot of motion. Otherwise a resort on land might prove better.

Not to chide you, but ocean trips have over their length a lot of motion even with stabilizers and all the mdern tricks.

Going on a cruise is thus an adventure into the unknown. No one cruise to any one place, is ever the same. No one can predict todays lake sail will not become a typhoon in 7 days.

Come with adventure, hope, wonder and enjoy whatever nature holds for you.:cool:

Thanks to everyone for their help. We have been on several cruises and understand there is motion and there is no way to predict what the weather will be like.

We were asking if there was a large difference in the motion sensed that far forward. We've always had cabins mid-ship. We had a guarantee and this is what they just assigned us - it is not what we would have chosen for ourselves. Trying to decide whether to pay more to get a cabin more towards the middle of the ship.

Thanks to everyone for their help. We have been on several cruises and understand there is motion and there is no way to predict what the weather will be like.

We were asking if there was a large difference in the motion sensed that far forward. We've always had cabins mid-ship. We had a guarantee and this is what they just assigned us - it is not what we would have chosen for ourselves. Trying to decide whether to pay more to get a cabin more towards the middle of the ship.

If your cruise is still in the distance just ask for the same CAT but further back...

Some people do cancel

I prefer the aft than forward cabins but that is me

If there are any bumpy seas the forward cabins you will feel it more

Some people are more motion sensitive than others

It is a personal choice

I had booked 7004 (also because of the larger balcony) on our Jan 23 cruise, but we were upgraded to 9004 on check-in. I checked out 7004 while on board and we also looked down onto their balcony. I have to say that I, personally, did not see any great advantage to the larger balcony - perhaps if I had wanted to entertain 6 people out there, it would be different. You cannot see much toward the front of the ship as it sticks out beyond the balcony. We never get seasick and I love the ocean movement, but I doubt there is much difference anywhere on the ship. I never book an aft stateroom - everyone has their preferences. An aside, I would not pay for a Concierge Level stateroom either.

Archived