Caribbean Princess gangway ???

shangel16

Anyone who has sailed on the Caribbean Princess- Can anyone tell me where the gangway is on this ship? I know that location can change, but does it open up to a common area? Or do you walk through halls to an elevator? I've seen both on different ships and I've never sailed Princess before. Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

Anyone who has sailed on the Caribbean Princess- Can anyone tell me where the gangway is on this ship? I know that location can change, but does it open up to a common area? Or do you walk through halls to an elevator? I've seen both on different ships and I've never sailed Princess before. Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

You do enter at a common area, they'll have elevators close by and plenty of helpful folks directing you to where ever you want to go (cabin, food, or topside).

If the ship is docked, you will board directly into an elevator/stairs area on deck 4. First, you go through security/screening but that's like an airport scanner where you put your things on a belt and pick them up on the other side. Sometimes, depending on the dock, you board directly into the Atrium on deck 5. Also sometimes, embarkation is done both forward and mid-ship. Usually, the forward gangway is for crew but it can also be used for passengers if there is a long line. Same thing: you board into an elevator area.

If the ship is tendering, you have to walk up a flight of stairs but there's one elevator there.

If the ship is docked, you will board directly into an elevator/stairs area on deck 4. First, you go through security/screening but that's like an airport scanner where you put your things on a belt and pick them up on the other side. Sometimes, depending on the dock, you board directly into the Atrium on deck 5. Also sometimes, embarkation is done both forward and mid-ship. Usually, the forward gangway is for crew but it can also be used for passengers if there is a long line. Same thing: you board into an elevator area.

If the ship is tendering, you have to walk up a flight of stairs but there's one elevator there.

Most of the ports on the Southern Caribbean circuit have docks and the gangway will use the 4th floor entry - there are 4 elevators midship, although if you walk up one floor the atrium elevators are available as well.

Archived