Teenage friends for my daughter??

pdteneyck

Have her go to the club the first night - don't worry, she will have a whole new group of friends! I dropped off a doubtful 14 year old (who didn't want to go on the cruise and leave her friends). Within an hour, she was racing into our cabin with other girls laughing, looking for scavenger hunt items. She had a great week.

do check your roll call on here, no worries she have a bunch of new friends by the end of the first day. My 16 son had a "crew" from teen club. They did a few of the club stuff but then just met up and hung together. Things like dance, shows lunch late night wings all were done. Most fun to him was huge volley ball game at stirip cay lasted all day.

They have 1am teen curfew unless with parent or planned event. We have a few rules, dinner with us each night, leave stickies or VM on the room phone, no going into to others rooms and have fun.

This is great time to let teens explore having a bit more freedom and see if they can sink or swim with it <G> Also let them know even though they are being given this freedom they will be on ship cam almost 100% of the time everywhere they go.

My son just said YES she will have a great time and can wait to the next one.

The ship while at first seems huge you can find your teen in about 10-20 if you need to go looking.

Sailing on Gem 7/21/12, anyone else traveling with teenagers? My daughter is 15, was hoping to find some friends she could meet( Facebook,twitter, text ) before we leave so she can have friends on board.

As others have said, there will be plenty of teens on board and your daughter will have no trouble finding new friends. In fact, my soon-to-be-17 granddaughter will be on the cruise. She's already looking forward to the new friends. When she was 15, we went to Alaska and she still has Facebook friends from that trip. And if we didn't demand that we see her once in a while, we wouldn't have.

By the way, the roll call for that cruise has been quiet for the past few months, but if you want to resurrect it (you'll probably have to look back 3-6 months), or start a new one, you can probably get it going again because I'm sure people are now booking the cruise and checking for a roll call.

Sailing on Gem 7/21/12, anyone else traveling with teenagers? My daughter is 15, was hoping to find some friends she could meet( Facebook,twitter, text ) before we leave so she can have friends on board.

Oops! I guess I jumped the gun there. I see you have been on the roll call. I just got off the Epic this morning and haven't had time to get caught up yet. Sorry about that.

We took our 15 year old granddaughter on the Norwegian Sea years ago and to this day she says it was one of her best vacations ever...she made friends from all over the US. We sailed about the same time of year and they had a large, active group aboard. Thank goodness! because even though she was very happy about the invitation, I'm sure she was wondering how much fun a week with 'grandma and grandpa' was going to be!!

The two young women who headed up the teen activities circulated through the waiting area to board the ship, searching for teens to invite to that evenings gathering. I thought that was a great way to get the ball rolling!

Hopefully your daughter will have as much fun on your trip!

Oops! I guess I jumped the gun there. I see you have been on the roll call. I just got off the Epic this morning and haven't had time to get caught up yet. Sorry about that.

As others have said, there will be plenty of teens on board and your daughter will have no trouble finding new friends. In fact, my soon-to-be-17 granddaughter will be on the cruise. She's already looking forward to the new friends. When she was 15, we went to Alaska and she still has Facebook friends from that trip. And if we didn't demand that we see her once in a while, we wouldn't have.

By the way, the roll call for that cruise has been quiet for the past few months, but if you want to resurrect it (you'll probably have to look back 3-6 months), or start a new one, you can probably get it going again because I'm sure people are now booking the cruise and checking for a roll call.

Hello you said your granddaughter will be on this cruise? I would love to get my daughter to get in touch with her on facebook if that would be ok? Let me know Thank you!

Archived