Epic Open Air Balcony Rooms

texas greeneyes

Last year we were in 8027 which has an uncovered balcony. It was really not an issue except every morning we woke up to some cigarette butts or food on the balcony floor from people above throwing overboard.

I had a covered aft balcony and found freshly cut hair on my balcony one morning. It was nasty!

• 2 months later...

Partner and I have been inspired to do a last minute booking on Epic for 17th June Med cruise! Very excited and have managed to secure a great price on balcony 13187. Can anyone advise if this will have a nice balcony? It's b5 family however it will just be two of us. We are hoping to be able to get loungers on balcony. May I also ask can we have breakfast on our balcony eah day or is ths added charge?

Partner and I have been inspired to do a last minute booking on Epic for 17th June Med cruise! Very excited and have managed to secure a great price on balcony 13187. Can anyone advise if this will have a nice balcony? It's b5 family however it will just be two of us. We are hoping to be able to get loungers on balcony. May I also ask can we have breakfast on our balcony eah day or is ths added charge?

13187 is a 4 person inside stateroom, not a balcony. Typo?

Most balconies are not big enough for loungers, but there are some that are (depends on the room). You can always have breakfast on your balcony for no additional charge. Just order room service. I always tip the delivery staff a few dollars but it's not mandatory.

13187 is a 4 person inside stateroom, not a balcony. Typo?

Most balconies are not big enough for loungers, but there are some that are (depends on the room). You can always have breakfast on your balcony for no additional charge. Just order room service. I always tip the delivery staff a few dollars but it's not mandatory.

Oops! Yes typo! 13189 is the room. I think this is definitely an uncovered balcony...

Is it always your cabin steward that brings your breakfast? Is it best to tip on first day or leave to last?

Very excited about Epic. Hopefully we will be able to get our couple spa pass on embarkation day.

Oops! Yes typo! 13189 is the room. I think this is definitely an uncovered balcony...

Is it always your cabin steward that brings your breakfast? Is it best to tip on first day or leave to last?

Very excited about Epic. Hopefully we will be able to get our couple spa pass on embarkation day.

There are no uncovered balconies on deck 13, only on 8 and 9. Your room is a standard sized balcony with two chairs and a small table. It will not be large enough for loungers. If you look at deck plans you can see which balconies are larger. Your bed will be closer to the bathroom as opposed to the balcony. I had basically the same room on our trip and it was great. Narrow, but tons of storage.

Room service is not delivered by your steward. It's delivered by wait staff that are rotating through that duty for the shift. You may not see them the rest of the trip, so if you're going to tip a few dollars do it when service is provided.

Have a great trip

There are no uncovered balconies on deck 13, only on 8 and 9. Your room is a standard sized balcony with two chairs and a small table. It will not be large enough for loungers. If you look at deck plans you can see which balconies are larger. Your bed will be closer to the bathroom as opposed to the balcony. I had basically the same room on our trip and it was great. Narrow, but tons of storage.

Room service is not delivered by your steward. It's delivered by wait staff that are rotating through that duty for the shift. You may not see them the rest of the trip, so if you're going to tip a few dollars do it when service is provided.

Have a great trip

Thank you so much! I know the time spent in the room will probably be minimal. I'll make sure we have dollars to tip when we do room service so thank you for this as I would have hated to have been caught short with this!

Roll on 17th June!

Thank you so much! I know the time spent in the room will probably be minimal. I'll make sure we have dollars to tip when we do room service so thank you for this as I would have hated to have been caught short with this!

Roll on 17th June!

Glad to help. Have a great trip! We loved the Epic!

we will be in Epic from 13-20 May'12. Which is a better level for balcony category BD - 8 or 12? Balcony 12067 had been assigned to us.

We stayed in 12116 and 12112, one was with bed near balcony and the other bed near the door, it was a great quite location and we loved it.

Hi everyone,

We are booked in 14109 a B2 family balcony for Dec 1. Looks like it's half way between the kids area (we are traveling with 2 kids 6 & 8) and the fitness center. Thoughts on this cabin? Looks like it might be right below the stage area. Should we be concerned with late night noise?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Robin

Hi everyone,

We are booked in 14109 a B2 family balcony for Dec 1. Looks like it's half way between the kids area (we are traveling with 2 kids 6 & 8) and the fitness center. Thoughts on this cabin? Looks like it might be right below the stage area. Should we be concerned with late night noise?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Robin

You are under the pool deck. You should have peace and quiet.

HI Mike,

We're booked in 10091. How is that balcony size wise? As an expert:D, do you also know if the bed in this mini-suite is near the door or balcony?

Thanks.

Kathy

Standard sized balcony, bed near the bathroom. You can see in these deck plans

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit2.php?ship=Norwegian%20Epic

I noticed that we have an uncovered balcony on the 9th floor. Is that really bad? Should I see if we can switch, or is it nice to have it uncovered (for those of you that have had an uncovered balcony cabin). Thanks!!

Some may like the extra sun. I prefer more privacy and protection from things falling from above.

Can you tell me if 8100 looks straight down on lifeboats or is it clear "below".

I can not tell and have been counting cabins until I am cross eyed:rolleyes:

I think it is uncovered right?

Thank you for your help.

Can you tell me if 8100 looks straight down on lifeboats or is it clear "below".

I can not tell and have been counting cabins until I am cross eyed:rolleyes:

I think it is uncovered right?

Thank you for your help.

It's fully uncovered. You can see the list here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1523109

You don't have anything directly below you. If you look at this picture full size, your room is between the two sets of lifeboats, one or two rooms in front of the dual raft containers/drums at mid-ship

http://images19.fotki.com/v677/file4FM4/b7887/7/649277/8941200/1396.jpg

Archived