Specialty Restaurant question

dincus

Well, I'm always a little embarrassed when my husband orders his surf (sort of) and turf in Polo. He loves the lamb and he loves the lobster, so he gets both. Now 5 lobster tails, I won't tell him that someone ordered (and got) that, as I would have to crawl under the table if he did that.

He loves Polo, but he loves the Terrace more. As he says, a lot of the food you get in other restaurants ends up in the Terrace, and for a buffet, it's great. Of course, we haven't been on Marina yet, so I don't know if the Jacques and Red Ginger food will end up on the Terrace, but I hope so. I don't like buffet all the time, but I certainly like the informality of it, and wearing absolutely what you want - and on a nice night, sitting outside to eat is great.

Dincus, we're on Mayan Mystique Feb. 26th (Marina). Are you on that cruise? We're from Maryland, too (but DC area).

Hi Roothy 123,

No. We're on the Islands in the Sun on Marina that sails next Wednesday(2-16). We'll be getting off as you're getting on. We're planning the Mayan Mystique next February(2-22-13) on Riviera so we'll be interested to know how you liked it. Have a great cruise!

Paul

Hi Roothy 123,

No. We're on the Islands in the Sun on Marina that sails next Wednesday(2-16).

Hi Paul. Have fun on Islands of the Sun. We did that 2 years ago, except that it was on Regatta (or maybe Insignia; I forget). It was a pretty good cruise, with Antigua, Tortola and St. Barts probably my favorite ports. We weren't able to dock in Grand Turk because of weather, however, but I hear that's not unusual, and another ship the same day didn't make it, either. Our captain made a couple advances and then left, so at least I got to see the island from a short distance while I ate breakfast out back in the Terrace! Of the ports we visited, however, Grand Turk was the least anticipated for me, so it was OK. Antigua and Tortola have a lot to do/see, as long as you're not expecting Europe or the U.S. St. Barts is just different (and very doable on your own, which I like) and beautiful and different for the Caribbean. We did a mix of "do it yourself" (mostly) with an occasional ship excursion thrown in. Of course, Oceania is great (and consistent in service, food, etc.) so the cruise itself was nice. We love Oceania's smaller ships, but thought we'd give Marina a try this time - and get out of town when the weather here is usually bad. (Of course, with the winter we've been having, it could be 70 degrees when we leave this year!!)

Ruth

I doubt that Jacques or Red ginger food will ever be served in the Terrace as it requires cooking a la minute which is impossible there other than grilling or prepping pastas. Plus that kind of food should be enjoyed in a more intimate and elegant atmosphere imo.

Archived