Passion Island recently?

BluesWhenNoCruise

We did the Isla Pasion by Twister excursion back in 2008 and was wondering if they have added anything new since then!

I'm not going to lie and say I remember everything they had, as my memory is about as absorbent as a cinder block....but I do recall a water trampoline, kayak lots of nice, shaded areas.

If anyone could remind me of the food and drinks they have to offer that would be fantastic!

The one thing I do remember is we had a FANTASTIC time and it is definately one of my favorite excursions!!!

Forgetfully yours,

Jennifer

Jennifer, I think they have added a couple more water toys like "icebergs". They also have the hammocks in sets of four under palapas now. The drinks included are beer, margaritas, rum punch and I think a concoction they make maybe called passion island punch (?). The frozen drinks like daiquiris & pina coladas cost extra (maybe around $4-5?). They usually have chips/salsa/guacamole, rice & chicken dish, I think fish, fresh fruit & cookies. Hope this helps...have a great time!!

• 4 weeks later...
I hope they saved some booze for when we were there in November. Going back March 17...

I'm sure they did but be aware that the drinks are very weak. I stuck to Diet Coke but my husband had 10 Margaritas !!! Normally his limit is around 3. They are also served in those really small plastic cups so I would say that it would take 4 of those little cups to equal a normal sized Margarita.

Have a great time.

BTW, the water and ice there is all distilled and very safe to drink. They made sure to let us know.

do you know if they provide beach towels or should we take our own ?

We are on the Mar 18 cruise as well :) our first cruise

No, Unfortunately they do not provide beach towels. We just brought our own. The Twister boat has a place on board where they will store away anything that you do not want to get wet or have blown away.

:)

• 3 weeks later...
How "bad" is the ride over on the twister? I have a back that gives me problems at times. I REALLY want to do this but worried.

We went by Catamaran which wouldn't hurt your back at all and was less expensive.

We were at Passion in January and had a great time! :)

Lovely beach! They brought us chairs to sit under the shade of a palm tree very close to the bar! :D

The food was way better than we'd expected ... especially good guacamole!

If you go to Passion Island , look for Manuel , my favorite bartender. He is really a nice guy. Tell him Juanito, from Texas sent you, give him a little tip , and your drinks will be good. He is at the bar at the restaurant..photo attached..

106isti.jpg4rqhap.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

If you will take a mug or a larger cup they will put your drinks in those. We did this in November and had no problem. I also tipped a dollar or 2 each time I took our mugs to be refilled and I agree our drinks were plenty strong. This island is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. I did not know that water could be so many shades of blue, purple, and green. Wish I was there right now.

Jennifer, I think they have added a couple more water toys like "icebergs". They also have the hammocks in sets of four under palapas now. The drinks included are beer, margaritas, rum punch and I think a concoction they make maybe called passion island punch (?). The frozen drinks like daiquiris & pina coladas cost extra (maybe around $4-5?). They usually have chips/salsa/guacamole, rice & chicken dish, I think fish, fresh fruit & cookies. Hope this helps...have a great time!!

Your memory is very good! But the Beer is now drought, the free mixed drinks are all premixed and most likely watered down by 11am. The food is all cooked on the mainland and carried to the island. Honestly there are alot better AI choices that offer all inclusive and do not push non Carnival people out of the way. I asked to speak to a manager and was told they only want dumb Americans on the island. (this is a true fact)

If you will take a mug or a larger cup they will put your drinks in those. Wish I was there right now.

I am SOOOO taking my own cup-thanks for the head up on this one!

I too wish I was there now - but will have to wait until September 2012.

We just got back March 2012- and this is the only excursion we have ever done in Cozumel.

My husband has strict instructions to place my ashes on this island - second choice being Grand Caymans.

Each trip I have taken a couple hours nap in "MY" hammock. LOL :p:p

This is where they once filmed the Coronoa commercials - and we need to start telling people it was washed away in a hurricane-it is getting way to popular and its my Heaven on Earth. LOLOLOL *evil grin*

One year we took our two boys, and our oldest son's GF - the twister boat terrified her -and so the staff made arrangements to get them back to the ship by taxi. The staff has always been very friendly and seem to want you to fully enjoy their island.

We love this island. Paradise.

Archived