Norwegian Sea

shipcruise

Hi, Trying to find a cruise in early June and this one is extremely reasonable for family of five. Anyone sailed her lately? I am not afraid of small ships, am a little concerned about cabin size (115 sq.ft.), not afraid of it being a little old, but would like some current information about this ship. Been on many cruises and many cruise lines, quite frankly, the prices for this summer are pretty high. Any thoughts?

We went on the Sea in January for our first cruise and enjoyed it so much we're going again to Alaska in June. I thought I would be bothered by the small cabins, but they worked fine for two of us.

The ports were great and the excursions we went on were very enjoyable. We enjoyed the food and the freestyle atmosphere worked well for our group of 6.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

NCL Sun 06/04
NCL Sea 01/04

We sailed on the Sea in 2000 (large family) and will be sailing her again June 5th. The rooms are small, but you will have plenty of room for 2 people in a room. You can fit 3 in a room if you put your children in an adjoining room. The ship has everything you need and will have a wonderful time. Of all the ships we have sailed on the Sea was the one we had the best time on, our kids loved it. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The cabins are small but very well organized. We chose to get 2 cabins for the 4 of us since the price was pretty low, but really could have managed with 1 cabin if needed. The ship is smaller in general, which makes getting around much easier. The SEA has some awsome ports of call. The ship is old, but is well maintained. Freestyle dining is great, and without having to take along all the formal clothes you have so much more room in the closets and suitcases.

Until we cruise again........NCL SEA 4/17/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;4;17;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]

We had one cabin for 4 of us and found it pretty tight. If I were to do the Sea again, I would go with an inside deluxe room (they are bigger) or 2 cabins.

It's a smaller ship with smaller elevators and rooms, but still very well managed staff (very friendly) and good food/entertainment.

Thanks to all who posted. After getting a good look at the cabin size, we opted out. My husbadnd is 6'6" and my two boys are 6'4". Since my kids are not "little" and my adult daughter was going to share a room with them, the size of that room scared us off a bit. We have sailed NCL several times and many other ships as well, we have never had a room smaller than 140 sq. ft. If it had been only four of us in two rooms, I would have done it. Freestyle is good and been on this itinerary before and it is great. We booked on the Celebrity Century instead, however, it cost us a few more bucks! This ship looks like a great bargain for families with young children, or with only two to a cabin. Thanks again!

Archived