Victory Excursion info wanted

maxydu

Hi...Been going through various threads and thought there is bound to have been others who have done what we are looking for......

Would like to find operators who will tour us (8) around each island for approx. 2 hours and then drop us off at a beach for approx. 4 hours and pick us up and return us to port. Any suggestions:

St. Thomas/St. John

Barbados

St. Lucie

St. Kitts

St. Martainn

Thanks!

You may get better discussion on this topic on the port of call section of the boards. There are lots of recommendations for exactly what you are looking for at each of those ports. I, personally, recommend Godfrey Tours in St. Thomas. We've gone with him twice, and have been very pleased. Good luck!

In St. Thomas you can book a tour with papa Bear and Air Force 1 tours. We did this and got a tour of the island stopping at mountain top for great views and then off to spend a few hours at Meagan's bay Beach. It was only $35 per person.

I have personal experience with the following:

St. Thomas - Papa Bear with Air Force one tours. Recommended, and will do what you want

St. Lucia - Spencer Ambrose. Recommended as well, and will also do the tour + beach thing for you. He also will return you to the pier via boat which gives you more time at the beach.

St. Kitts - I've done both MyIsland Tours with Javin and a tour with Captain Sunshine. Both include island tour, rainforest hike, and beach time. Highly recommend both.

I agree with both Papa Bear in STT and Spencer Ambrose on St. Lucia - Spencer takes you back by boat so that you get more time at the beach - you can skip the volcano if you want (part of our group did) and get about another 45 minutes - an hour at the beach. Wonderful tour! And the lunch was fabulous as well - you can't go wrong with Spencer!

Papa Bear will even give you your choice of beaches - you can't miss. have a great cruise!

You can also negotiate a tour with a cab driver in any of those destinations when you get off the ship. We frequently do this on an island where we've taken organized tours previously and want something less structured or don't want to repeat visits to standard tourist stops. Use your common sense and negotiate your return fare as well as what time you will be picked up at the beach when you are done.

Do your homework to make sure island time and ship time are the same (or at least the difference is understood)- and calculate extra time into your return trip since traffic is always worse trying to get back to the ship.

Be sure to see the views from Brimstone Hill Fortress in St. Kitts. See photos in my review (see signature), along with contact info for our guide.

I'd also warn you to be careful of taxi drivers in St. Thomas. Only use the big safari trucks to get around; try to avoid the cars and vans. We had a bad encounter with a van driver and talked with other passengers who said that St. Thomas has a lot of issues with the cab drivers.

St. Maarten is the best stop for beaches. Barbados is good for a catamaran snorkeling excursion (not much to do around the port). St. Lucia is kind of a big commercial city by island standards, so a tour is best if you want to get out of the city.

Hi...Been going through various threads and thought there is bound to have been others who have done what we are looking for......

Would like to find operators who will tour us (8) around each island for approx. 2 hours and then drop us off at a beach for approx. 4 hours and pick us up and return us to port. Any suggestions:

St. Thomas/St. John

Barbados

St. Lucie

St. Kitts

St. Martainn

Thanks!

We were on the Victory In September and loved the ship and all the islands. Here are my votes...

St. Thomas/St. John - 1st time used Sunny Liston. One of the best tours we had been one. He kept the party going. 2nd time used carnival to go to st john to trunk bay for snorkeling.

Barbados- We hired a taxi from the port area and just did a beach day and would have taken us where ever you wanted to go.

St. Lucia - Island Expo (Island tour w/beach time) by Real St Lucia Tours we had the van to our group of six and had an amazing day. The driver was the best. We did skip the volcano to get more beach time.

St. Kitts - St Kitt Thenford Grey "The Tour" I can not say enough great stuff about him. It was an amazing day and highly recommend him.

St. Maarten - Originally had booked Bernards Tours, but unfortunatley we never made it to the island due to out running a hurricane.

Have a great time whatever you do!!!

Archived