Sandals all inclusive day pass???

Kenlorz

We are looking for a great all-inclusive resort to visit on a day pass when we dock in Falmouth on the Allure.

I've gotten a lot of info on Hilton Rose Hall and on Sunset Beach. I've gotten inklings of a day pass available from Sandals Montego Bay. From their website I LOVE the look of their beach cabana/day beds by the water and their beach.

Questions:

Has anyone ever done a day pass at Montego Bay Sandals? What were your thoughts? How long is it to get there from Falmouth? Assuming Taxi main option, how much to and from for a taxi to Sandals???? Thanks so much!!!

I didn't know Sandals does day passes, but they might. Sandals Montego Bay is about 30 minutes or so from Falmouth, maybe a little longer, but not much. Easy ride, just up the highway. Beach is beautiful, pools are very small. Food is good. Adults only.

Thanks so much for the response! I was told by a tour operator that you can buy a day pass, but only directly from Sandals. Do they have many of those day beds? Or just a few? If they only have 3 or 4 and I have absolutely no chance of getting one, then I probably would take the Hilton Rose Hall for the water park.

Did you decide if you are doing the sandals? I saw your post and was wondering the same thing. We are on the same ship next month and was debating between Sandals or Iberostar. I saw on another thread where someone thought sandals was run down. We've never been there. iberostar is much closer to the port...too many descisions!

Did you decide if you are doing the sandals? I saw your post and was wondering the same thing. We are on the same ship next month and was debating between Sandals or Iberostar. I saw on another thread where someone thought sandals was run down. We've never been there. iberostar is much closer to the port...too many descisions!

I talked to Sandals today and was told that they wll sell a day pass (10 am to 6 pm) for $85 to any of their resorts in Jamaica, but they do not provide transportation to/ from the terminal.

I do not recall ANY bali beds at Sandals MoBay. They do have them at Sandals Royal Caribbean (which is also in MoBay) so make sure you are booking the correct Sandals if you want to do the Bali Beds. Sandals is a little run down, but very eclectic since they've been around for a long time.

MoBay has a MUCH nicer beach, but Royal Caribbean has the private off-shore island which is really cool.

we have never cruised.. but my DH and i spent our honeymoon in MOBAY... stayed at the rose hall.. we took a snorkeling/sunset cruise that left from the sandals resort.. and the one thing i noticed and remembered most was it was RIGHT next to the airport. It was soo loud with planes coming in and out. We were originally going to stay there but opted for the cheaper rose hall and im so glad we did. After just that short time there we would never stay at the Sandals. This was back in 2006 so im assuming it is at the same location.. and if it is.. its def something to consider. hope you have a great time. the island is beautiful!

we have never cruised.. but my DH and i spent our honeymoon in MOBAY... stayed at the rose hall.. we took a snorkeling/sunset cruise that left from the sandals resort.. and the one thing i noticed and remembered most was it was RIGHT next to the airport. It was soo loud with planes coming in and out. We were originally going to stay there but opted for the cheaper rose hall and im so glad we did. After just that short time there we would never stay at the Sandals. This was back in 2006 so im assuming it is at the same location.. and if it is.. its def something to consider. hope you have a great time. the island is beautiful!

Great input. Thanks!

-Heather

Archived