Need cruise advice

djnikki1

I am a single mom to 2 year old twins. I want to go on a cruise with my twins in December over either Christmas or New Years. I have been on a Carnival cruise that sailed from Puerto Rico in December when I was 17 and absolutely loved it!!! I have been leaning towards getting a balcony.

•Are there any of the cruise lines that offer babysitting services like offered at Disney World in case I want to have a night out to explore the ship sans the kiddies?

•My twins love Mickey Mouse but for the balcony I wanted it was well over $3,000 and not within the December dates I wanted. I was going to take them to Disney World but realized with all the walking and with two 3 year olds I would be pretty wiped to say the least.

•My only traveling options are in December as I attend school throughout the year and during the summer this year we are planning a cross country trip across the states. I'm an avid traveler! Also my twins birthday is December 15th and last Christmas and New Years was pretty much a downer for me being by myself. So I decided we needed to get away this Christmas and New Years lol.

•We live in Augusta, GA so we can easily drive to any ports in South Carolina or Florida. Or we could fly. Either way it's going to be quite an adventure.

Will you consider the Disney Dream sailing on either the Dec 19, 2012 or Jan 2, 2013, 4-days to Nassau and Castaway Cay? Usually these sailings during shoulder week (before and after Christmas/New Year/Summer) are priced pretty reasonably initially (in DCL terms) when the dates are out but then people start booking like crazy and price really goes up. More than 90% of cabins on the Dream are verandah so the price difference between inside and verandah isn't by much. Yes, for probably the same cost, you are sacrificing the # of cruise days when comparing with some other lines. It is your choice.

Happy planning. :)

Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't book a balcony with two year old twins for all the obvious reasons. Have you considered Disney Cruise Lines? and, perhaps going with a friend or nanny to help with the children and give you a break?

Have you considered Disney Cruise Lines? and, perhaps going with a friend or nanny to help with the children and give you a break?

I would suggest this too. Never traveled with twins alone but have done so with 2 kids. The extra adult will not only be able to help with the kids but also provide some adult conversation for you. The 4th person rate should be pretty low too.

Archived