first time cruiser questions......

I've already learned a bunch and I've only been here a day(thanks to everyone for all of your time) but I do have a few questions that I haven't found exact answers for yet(hundreds of threads thousands of posts). 1)if gratuity isn't on the soda card....how is it done? or are there self serve stations for soda? 2)I'm traveling on the Triumph in feb '06 with 3 children, boys...one 11, one turning 11 on the cruise and one who will be 5.......I asked a guy at Carnival about the fees for night time babysitting.......he said in his opinion the two 11 year olds will be fine wandering the ship alone (they are raised to be considerate and polite), and that babysitting for the 5 year old is all that I should have to worry about.......is this true? This leads to question 3)Arcade.....if the games are for pay.....that could be quite costly....are there enough activities for the kids(remember...we are going off season for kids so to speak)....or do the tv's on the Triumph allow game system hook-up? 4)I read the ship is going into drydock in october.....is there a chance it will be made wireless ready? Or will the only internet be in the specified areas? 5) Camp cartnival while we are in port(not sure if the 5 year old wants to go or can go on some of the excursions)? That's it for now....thanks for any tips...advice...or info. Craig

Archived