Single Group Cruises

WestCoastCruiser123

Have any of you traveled as part of a singles group on board? I recently sailed solo and I'm now considering a singles group cruise mainly as a way to participate in more activities for others traveling solo. Yes, I know it's a bit more money, so my questions really are about the experience (positive and negative) and anything that I should research in a particular company.

I see one sailing out of Cali so I would get to skip airfare :D.

Have any of you traveled as part of a singles group on board? I recently sailed solo and I'm now considering a singles group cruise mainly as a way to participate in more activities for others traveling solo. Yes, I know it's a bit more money, so my questions really are about the experience (positive and negative) and anything that I should research in a particular company.

I see one sailing out of Cali so I would get to skip airfare :D.

I hear my epic cruise in two weeks has a singles group that booked most of the studios...will let u know...

I have cruised for many years with single groups. I have never had a problem since all of the Single groups have years of experience and can deal with any problem that comes up on a cruise or before a cruise.

Just jump in.... and go on a singles group cruise. Don't be afraid, you will have a good time.

Have any of you traveled as part of a singles group on board?... I'm now considering a singles group cruise mainly as a way to participate in more activities for others traveling solo. ... my questions really are about the experience (positive and negative).

I went with a singles group to Bermuda out of NYC June 2011. There were mixers, dance lessons, games, daily dining & disco. There was a wide range of ages (I'm 55+). I think most (of the over 40's anyway) don't go on a singles cruise to meet someone, but for the camaraderie.

I went with a singles group to Bermuda out of NYC June 2011. There were mixers, dance lessons, games, daily dining & disco. There was a wide range of ages (I'm 55+). I think most (of the over 40's anyway) don't go on a singles cruise to meet someone, but for the camaraderie.

Then perhaps it's ok for a married lady to go with a "singles" group? I like to travel more than my husband does, and would love to do one of these.

Then perhaps it's ok for a married lady to go with a "singles" group? I like to travel more than my husband does, and would love to do one of these.

I'd say it's a gray area. It may be just for camaraderie or socialization, but the name of the group does say "singles", which implies that there is least some possibility of a romantic encounter if both parties have sufficient interest in each other. In your case, that's not an option. Plus, it's not fair to the people who are actually single and going for the purpose of finding romance.

You may be better off going with an interest-based group, rather than a group with "singles" in its name. Do you like dancing? Maybe eco-tourism? Or learning new cultures? I'm sure there are group cruises hosted by an organization devoted to your interest. Find one you feel comfortable with, book your cruise, and have fun.

I'd say it's a gray area. It may be just for camaraderie or socialization, but the name of the group does say "singles", which implies that there is least some possibility of a romantic encounter if both parties have sufficient interest in each other. In your case, that's not an option. Plus, it's not fair to the people who are actually single and going for the purpose of finding romance.

You may be better off going with an interest-based group, rather than a group with "singles" in its name. Do you like dancing? Maybe eco-tourism? Or learning new cultures? I'm sure there are group cruises hosted by an organization devoted to your interest. Find one you feel comfortable with, book your cruise, and have fun.

That's what I figured. Thanks for the confirmation; I'll look for the special interest cruises.

That's what I figured. Thanks for the confirmation; I'll look for the special interest cruises.

There is a group of us that are planning on doing a cruise in November 2013 that will be all solo travelers. Some single, some divorced, some married, all ages. But we will all be traveling alone and having a room to ourselves.

We have a thread started regarding the Preliminary Solo Cruise group. Join us!

Archived