Hotels with port shuttle service in Fort Lauderdale

PA Beachlovers

I know that the Sleep Inn & Suites has an airport shutle and also a shuttle to the port. Their cruise pkg incl a free bkft as well. They have a Walgreens next door and a Publix grocery and a few restaurants across the street. This makes it convenient if one does not have a car.

http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-dania-florida-FL664

:)

don't lock yourself into free shuttles..they really are not "free".....(and many actually are NOT....)

you are locked into going on THEIR schedule....and not your own.

cab fare from most hotels near the airport, along 17th street and near the ocean is in the 15-20 range, per cab......AND you go when YOU want.....

this way, you have numerous options...

Hi,

something else to consider when looking for the shuttle ( either the free one or the one they charge you for ).

We stayed in a hotel that offered a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and a 8 dol p/p shuttle from the hotel to the ship.

They also offered a shuttle from the port to the airport or the hotel for 10 dol p/p.

We did pay the 8 p/p and used the shuttle to the ship, and also purchased the 10 p/p tickets for the shuttle from the pier to the airport - we will not do that again.

The reason:

The shuttle that we used from the hotel to the pier was a small bus with a trailer attached for the luggage. All the luggage went in the trailer and the shuttle made a stop at every ship that was sailing that day ( 6 ). The traffic in the port was very heavy and it took some extra time to get to our ship - it was the last stop ( pier 29). At every stop people are taken their luggage and I was not there ( outside watching them ) to make sure that someone did not take my luggage by mistake. Luckly my luggage was at last stop - but it is not worth the risk for a mistake.

On the way back ( pier to the airport ) the shuttle that showed up was a Ford 350 van - not the most comfortable vehicle to get in and to get out ( especially the back seats) - in addition we waited for the shuttle about 1/2 hour .... not very long - but we could have taken the taxi ( there was a lot of them there just waiting).

So for us a taxi next time - free shuttle from airport to the hotel will be OK, but from the hotel to the ship ...... free shuttle or paid for - no thank you.

Taxi is not expensive and a lot quicker, safer for my luggage and a lot more convienient ..... and I will go when I want to.

Thanks for all the information, now we have a decision to make, free, shuttle, taxi, which hotel.....:eek: I did notice that the Sleep Inn has limited availability already making me think I need to make a decision soon! We are still 264 days away!

Book an unpaid or fully refundable backup and then try Priceline bidding for awhile... That far out you can likely snag a deal that will be super cheap in either downtown Ft Lauderdale or at the beach in Ft Laud.

Thanks for all the information, now we have a decision to make, free, shuttle, taxi, which hotel.....:eek: I did notice that the Sleep Inn has limited availability already making me think I need to make a decision soon! We are still 264 days away!

My husband and I had originally planned a Nov 2011 cruise from FLL and booked the Sleep Inn & Suites, we had a change of plans and they had no problem cancelling the reservation. We called and booked/cancelled directly with the hotel. They gave us a cancellation # and there were no problems what so ever.

I know that the Sleep Inn & Suites has an airport shutle and also a shuttle to the port. Their cruise pkg incl a free bkft as well. They have a Walgreens next door and a Publix grocery and a few restaurants across the street. This makes it convenient if one does not have a car.

http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-dania-florida-FL664

:)

Thanks. Wish I knew about this for my earlier cruises. Reserved a king room n/s for $89. + tax which comes to $99. It's on a credit card hold so if I find something cheaper I have until the day before to cancel.

Update: Days Inn Airport South has a $69./night cruise special including breakfast and airport/cruiseport transfers. However, no stores in walking distance. :(

Thanks. Wish I knew about this for my earlier cruises. Reserved a king room n/s for $89. + tax which comes to $99. It's on a credit card hold so if I find something cheaper I have until the day before to cancel.

Update: Days Inn Airport South has a $69./night cruise special including breakfast and airport/cruiseport transfers. However, no stores in walking distance. :(

I decided that I probably am not going to bother shopping the day before the cruise and I prefer to pocket the $23. difference so I decided the Days Inn Airport South will do just fine. It gets great reviews on trip advisor.

Archived