Cabana rental

blakesmom522

Because some people like to go to the pool and the beach and shopping and just hang out in port. You can hang by the ship pool when you aren't in port. :)

My reply about staying onboard the ship rather than renting a cabana was to the poster who was looking for a quiet area. While at port, the ship is a great place to wind down, service is wonderful and the crowds in the pool area are nonexistant. One can of course spend time at the port shopping, spending time at the beach etc. But to have a quiet time away from traffic which the poster asked, best bet is to spend at least part of the day on the ship.

#10 is closest to the Flowrider which is closest to the beach. It's very close...a very short walk....maybe 100 feet or so to the beach.

Thanks- I was hoping to get one toward beach end. Just booked cabana for March 2013 -It listed only 4 left after I booked, so I bet half our reserved for another cruise line. So it is never to early to book.

p.s. saved 10% using a promo code found online -coupon sight:

retailmenot dot net just search Carnival and chose cruiseline logo - one of the two codes worked. Saved only 13.99 but that covers a beverage! Had it been an excursion for 4 people say snorkeling would have really made a difference.

I would guess that its very possible. Find out if there's another ship in port with you. When we were there a few weeks ago, the Eurodam was there also and cabanas 1-5 were for Holland America and 6-10 were for Carnival so I would imagine if HA doesn't rent theirs out then they might be released.

I just booked a cabana for March 2013 and says only 4 are left! Appears that Carnival must be only getting half (five for their use) and sharing with another ship that day.

I just booked a cabana for our cruise in January. When I booked mine it said there were 3 left. So now I assume only 2 left. How or when do you get to try and select which cabana you want?

from what I read cabana selection process is.. going to the hostess stand at Margaritaville once exiti ship, where they will give you a key. I guess by reading posts there are 10 cabanas perhaps, and often half are allocated to say Holland America or Princess if another ship is in port and other half Carnival. Also a poster said they were offered #6 thru #10 choices -with I think higher the number closer end towards beach, and 1-5 Holland that day/ All cabanas surround the pool. So I guess you are guaranteed a cabana, but have to go to select location.

• 1 month later...
from what I read cabana selection process is.. going to the hostess stand at Margaritaville once exiti ship, where they will give you a key. I guess by reading posts there are 10 cabanas perhaps, and often half are allocated to say Holland America or Princess if another ship is in port and other half Carnival. Also a poster said they were offered #6 thru #10 choices -with I think higher the number closer end towards beach, and 1-5 Holland that day/ All cabanas surround the pool. So I guess you are guaranteed a cabana, but have to go to select location.

Is that how it works for sure? I rented a cabana for my October cruise & was wondering. We've been to Grand Turk 4 times & always go to Margaritaville, but have never rented a cabana here before. I always thought it was like the cabana rental at HMC where you go to the excursion desk onboard to pick your cabana...but maybe not, hmmm?

If someone could confirm the process I would be appreciative. :).

We rented a cabana at Grand Turk in March. I was among the first to disembark the ship and got to Margaritaville ahead of the crowd. I knew from reading these boards that you don't get to pre-choose your cabana. It's first come, first serve. I chose one close to the wave runner and beach. I don't recall the number.

We had a group traveling together and we used it to store our belongings. I thought my husband would hang out there more, as he's not a beach person. He and a buddy discovered the pool bar and spent quite some time there!

I was nervous about getting a lousy cabana spot, but I don't think that exists. I had never been there before and didn't really know where I was supposed to go but staff was extremely helpful. One guy actually walked me over to M'ville and brought me to the hostess. She let me pick which ever cabana I wanted!

Go, have fun, relax and enjoy your day!

We rented a cabana at Grand Turk in March. I was among the first to disembark the ship and got to Margaritaville ahead of the crowd. I knew from reading these boards that you don't get to pre-choose your cabana. It's first come, first serve. I chose one close to the wave runner and beach. I don't recall the number.

We had a group traveling together and we used it to store our belongings. I thought my husband would hang out there more, as he's not a beach person. He and a buddy discovered the pool bar and spent quite some time there!

I was nervous about getting a lousy cabana spot, but I don't think that exists. I had never been there before and didn't really know where I was supposed to go but staff was extremely helpful. One guy actually walked me over to M'ville and brought me to the hostess. She let me pick which ever cabana I wanted!

Thanks very much! I appreciate the info :).

Appreciate teh info and update. Do you have any photos of your cabana,area around it etc.

Archived