Best way to bring soft drinks on board.

packard89

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, I scrolled through several pages and gave up.

My question is....we are bringing 2 twelve packs of water and 2 twelve packs of soft drinks. (Yes, we have 4 people.) Can we pack them in a box and tape a luggage tag on it? I don't want to load my suitcases down.

Thanks! :D

We bring along one 6 pack of water and one 12 pack of soda. I put it in a small size roll along, along with meds, etc. Makes it easy to move around while waiting for our cabin to be ready. When debarking, we use the same roll along for souveniers, gifts and whatever misc stuff we have accumulated during the trip.

Thanks everyone for the advice. It sounds like my husband will be rolling a small suitcase around and he won't be a happy camper! ;)

Yes, but he will be much happier then having to buy it separately on the ship. :) In addition, putting pop and water in a rolling suitcase it really not a big deal. Just scout out a table or seating area and have one person go get lunch and then the other. You can enjoy a leisurely meal and then roll it down to your cabin when they are ready. Like another poster said, the empty suitcase will come in handy for bringing back souvenirs or whatnot. We always use our empty one to put our dirty laundry in. I bring a drawstring garbage bag and put the used clothes in there then put it in the roll on suitcase under the bed. It keeps the room tidy and really does work out very well.

Have a great time.

On our first cruise we put a 4-pack of energy drinks in my son's checked luggage not knowing about the carry-on rule. They let it go on the ship, but when we opened my son's suitcase one of the cans had been damaged when it was handled by the luggage crew and we had to spend the first day on the ship washing every item of clothing in my son's bag. Not the greatest way to spend your first evening on the ship! So from now on we always bring them in our carry-on.

Archived