Princess Ship Charm

oratheeexplorer

The bracelets are definitely a do-it-yourself project. And lots of fun.

Check for charms / bracelets on ebay. Most of the charms I have I paid $1 to $5 each - obviously they're not Pandora, etc. (silver plated rather than solid silver) but the quality so far is outstanding. A company called Pugster has beautiful charms - and you can buy directly from them on-line if you don't want to bother with ebay. Their regular prices are pretty good and they usually have some on sale.

The colored beads I got in lots of 50 for anywhere from $8 to $12.

Bracelets run from $5 to $15 - and you can take the end off (usually one end screws off) to put the beads on. Bracelets come in several styles. Make sure you get it long enough - 1 to 1 1/2 inches longer than the circumference of the persons wrist.

This is the one I made to commemorate our Australia / NZ cruise. I actually have 4 bracelets - another for cruising, one for places we've lived and traveled to and one for our interests / family. The nice thing is that I can change out the colored beads easily to go with what I'm wearing.

DSC01150_zps24348cf0.jpg

Thanks for the information, sparky-elpaso! I can actually see that photo so it does help. In the photo the bracelet (and many of the charms) appears to be gold, but is it really silver? I would prefer a golden color for my DW's bracelet and charms.

If I want to give my DW 14 charms (one for each day of the cruise), would it be advisable for me to also purchase some of the colored beads for spacing? (I assume the charms just slide back and forth along the length of the bracelet.)

If anyone else has a photo of the Princess Cruises charm I would be interested in seeing it.

Edited by terrific_surprise

The Sea Witch Carm fits the Da Vinci bracelet also. On the Caribbean last May, the charm did not have a price on it and the young lady helping me said I had to buy other charms to in order to get the Sea Witch. I asked another young lady who looked up the price and sold it to me for $12.00.

Yes! They do have their own version of the charm bracelet you are talking about, DH bought me one on our last cruise. I looked up the type you have on line and I am pretty sure the Princess charms will fit. Mine is silver and it comes with one charm to start that has the Princess Sea Witch Logo. I also have a charm with whale tails and a sail boat. There are also charms that have the colored beads with different patterns, etc. I am looking forward to my next cruise in April so I can buy more. The prices vary, sorry I can't remember exactly but they were not very espensive.:D

I want one too lol!

Thanks for the information, sparky-elpaso! I can actually see that photo so it does help. In the photo the bracelet (and many of the charms) appears to be gold, but is it really silver? I would prefer a golden color for my DW's bracelet and charms.

If I want to give my DW 14 charms (one for each day of the cruise), would it be advisable for me to also purchase some of the colored beads for spacing? (I assume the charms just slide back and forth along the length of the bracelet.)

If anyone else has a photo of the Princess Cruises charm I would be interested in seeing it.

Mine are silver (some like the little koala have both gold and silver) but there are gold ones too - although not as many, I think. I like the silver since most of my other jewelry is silver.

I like to mix in the colored beads so I can match what I'm wearing but you wouldn't have to. It's really all about what the wearer likes. And yes, they slide along the chain so you can change the order, add, subtract, etc.

I just got off the Emerald a couple of days ago and they had a special on if you bought 5 charms you would get the ship charm free. I only bought 2 charms and bought the ship charm for $18. If you had to buy the bracelet it was $32....silver. I bought a silver car for $10 and a flip flop with a green stone on it on sale for $6. They all varied in prices and there was a lot of them to choose from. I did see the Sea Witch but did not price it.

Oh my goodness! I am so excited over this thread. I have a Pandora and got a cruise ship from them but I am so excited about the prices for Princess charms. Princess prices are much better than Pandora's. I was already excited about the cruise and now to have the opportunity to start another bracelet. Too much fun!

The bracelets are definitely a do-it-yourself project. And lots of fun.

Check for charms / bracelets on ebay. Most of the charms I have I paid $1 to $5 each - obviously they're not Pandora, etc. (silver plated rather than solid silver) but the quality so far is outstanding. A company called Pugster has beautiful charms - and you can buy directly from them on-line if you don't want to bother with ebay. Their regular prices are pretty good and they usually have some on sale.

The colored beads I got in lots of 50 for anywhere from $8 to $12.

Bracelets run from $5 to $15 - and you can take the end off (usually one end screws off) to put the beads on. Bracelets come in several styles. Make sure you get it long enough - 1 to 1 1/2 inches longer than the circumference of the persons wrist.

This is the one I made to commemorate our Australia / NZ cruise. I actually have 4 bracelets - another for cruising, one for places we've lived and traveled to and one for our interests / family. The nice thing is that I can change out the colored beads easily to go with what I'm wearing.

DSC01150_zps24348cf0.jpg

Can anybody tell me if the "Sea Witch" charm available from the onboard Princess gift shop would fit on the bracelet pictured here?

• 1 year later...

Oh I'm glad they still sell them. :) I want to make a bracelet to commemorate my Mediterranean cruise on the island princess next year. I'd like a charm from every country and of course one for the ship. I figured a 'pandora' type bracelet would be the best and most universal style .

Got off the Island Princess on November 12. During our trip I purchased four new pieces for my bracelet. I went a little overboard (excuse the pun) on this trip as I usually just buy two. It is a lovely way to bring smiles when I wear my bracelet. Since the charms are movable, I also use them - all at once - as a necklace.

Start your collection . . . . and enjoy!!!

SilverBird

Go for a high quality tanzanite ;) They push that stone on the Caribbean cruises and it is the "Island".

And, the last mine on the planet that produces tanzanite is about

to run out.

I think I have heard that on cruises since the eighties.

Sooner or later, it may be true...

Sorry, but I do not remember the cost of the bracelet but would guess that it was less than $30. I have had mine for a few years now and usually add two charms/beads from each trip. Each charm is between $12 to $18. There is also an offer that if you buy five, you get one free.

Since they are movable, I change the colors of the beads to match my outfit - either as a bracelet or necklace.

SilverBird

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...