Holland Diving tours

potchak

Can anyone tell me what the Certified 2 tank dives cost in Grand Cayman, Roatan, and Costa Maya through Holland? On their site they only give $$$ as how much. Does it also include the equipment?

Appreciate the help.

I signed up twice for scuba diving through HAL. Both were cancelled. I was one of 3 in Alaska (the others being my young niece and her friend) and I was the only one in April 2011 in the Carribean. For the latter I was given the lame excuse the provider couldn't be me back on time. When I asked Shore Excursions, they admitted it was because I was the only one on the Zuiderdam to sign up.

However, I was told it was all inclusive.

I don't know if my experience was unusual; however, you might consider going to the port boards and seeing if there is a non HAL provider so it would actually happen.

Miriam

I just checked my next cruise, and for instance in Aruba, a two tank dive is $119.00 from shorex. I gave up using any cruiseline's diving service when I got left behind by a dive boat in Cozumel 15 years ago. Now I go online and book my dives through PADI dive centers in all of the ports you mentioned. I really don't like the cattle boat operations who often get the contract for cruise ship divers. Do yourself a favor and check out the SCUBA board here on cruise critic and ask the same question you asked here. You'll get a ton of info with contact options.;)

Can anyone tell me what the Certified 2 tank dives cost in Grand Cayman, Roatan, and Costa Maya through Holland? On their site they only give $$$ as how much. Does it also include the equipment?

Appreciate the help.

Have you accessed the customized shore ex. choices on your HAL online account? The pricing is shown there along with a more complete description.

I haven't booked the cruise yet, so I do not have an online account. I was just hoping someone else who might be going to those ports could look it up for me. We are trying to see if we can afford the cruise and diving is a big part of that.

I know that most people on these boards do not like using the cruise ship excursions, but my hubby doesn't want to go with anyone besides the cruise line. It is a "they have to get you back to the boat" thing.

I am sailing on the Ryndam in a few weeks.Here is HAL's pricing for our cruise.

Grand Cayman $99 used Don Foster's last year only 3 divers from Ryndam but lots more from Carnival ships in port---cattle boat experience

Cozumel $109 HAL cancelled the dive excursion last year due to only 1 diver signing up I always use Eagle Ray Divers in Cozumel

When I researched the other itinerary for our cruise HAL did not offer diving in Roatan or Belize but I did find lots of other choices in Roatan

Costa Maya was around $119-129 as I remember

I am not sure if these rates include the gear---I ALWAYS take my own gear---I know what I got and how it works.

There were very few divers on my 2 previous HAL cruises so cancellation of the excursions is always a possability. I chose to book my own dive trips this year.In Cayman I booked with Diver's Down and in Cozumel I am using Eagle Ray Divers. I could not find a operator in Falmouth so I will take a tour with my wife.

Hoped this helps.

Ugh, don't get the dive package through HAL for those ports. I would use Subway Watersports for Roatan ($99 including transportation), Gypsea Divers for Costa Maya (I think they were about $70 plus taxi fare), and go to Eden Rock or Sunset House for shore dives in Grand Cayman ($15 per tank and $0.85 per pound of weight or $85 for two guided dives, including air and weights). Equipmental rental is extra.

Archived