Special meal requirements!

jakes47

We are looking forward to our B2B cruises in April/May on board the Marina.

I have had Gastro-intestinal surgery and as a result can only eat very small meals of which I have 5 a day.

When we eat out I order an “Appetizer” to be served at the same time as my husband main course and then I may share some of my husband’s dessert if I have the room.

Is this going to be a problem on the Marina?

I am not one to make a fuss if there is confusion but I am wondering if I should prepare some explanatory notes to give to the wait staff with my order or are they pretty good at taking requests such as this?

I have had Gastro-intestinal surgery and as a result can only eat very small meals of which I have 5 a day.

When we eat out I order an “Appetizer” to be served at the same time as my husband main course and then I may share some of my husband’s dessert if I have the room.

I am not one to make a fuss if there is confusion but I am wondering if I should prepare some explanatory notes to give to the wait staff with my order or are they pretty good at taking requests such as this?

Don't worry about it, you may order as much or as little as you would like and you won't be questioned.

Oceania did away with the force-feeding funnels YEARS AGO ;)

Jim-Stan is absolutely right.

More than a few times my husband has ordered more than one main course ... and frequently more than one dessert!

Don't worry about it, they will accommodate you!

In fact, if you want to have three appetizers for dinner, that's fine too.

Mura

The other thing you can do is order an entree in an appetizer-size portion. I have seen this done on several occasions.

Whichever way you handle it, you should have no problem on O. They really try to please.

Enjoy your cruises,

Billie

Thanks Billie,

I actually have a plastic card prepared by my surgeon for me to present at restaurants that requests just that but I have been a bit shy about using it. I am please to hear that they are ok with the smaller meal requests.

I like to be prepared.

:)

Bev

Archived