Bringing aboard cokes and water

cpinstein

Last year we brought aboard cokes and bottled water and had our cabin steward clean out the mini bar so we could add them. Is that still possible to bring your own water and cokes aboard? I was told it is not. But I sure would like to again. Please tell me your experience.

Thanks.

Last year we brought aboard cokes and bottled water and had our cabin steward clean out the mini bar so we could add them. Is that still possible to bring your own water and cokes aboard? I was told it is not. But I sure would like to again. Please tell me your experience.

Thanks.

Yes you can. Slap a luggage tag on them and give them to the porters at the pier. I'd make sure that they are securely packaged. Someone has suggested duct tape wrapped around the water bottle packaging. :D

Yea. Yes, we bought more water in San Juan. There is a humongous drug store across the street from the pier. Last year it was packed with folks bringing drinks on board.

That is great to know! Was the pier the Pan Am one or the one in Old San Juan? We're sailing the Summit departing Pan Am I believe and looking for a place to buy bottled water. Thanks!

Don't know the name. It was the peir that is right in the heart of Old San Juan. And the drug store, is directly across the street from the ship.

Thanks! I don't think that's the one that the Summit leaves from in April.

Celebrity uses two piers in San Juan. For embarkation/disembarkation it's Pan American pier, which is not convenient to any stores. There is a small wine/liquor outlet right in the terminal, so you could buy some there, but nothing else within walking distance. For port stops, you'll find Celebrity ships right in Old San Juan, with many nearby options for buying soft drinks and water.

Celebrity uses two piers in San Juan. For embarkation/disembarkation it's Pan American pier, which is not convenient to any stores. There is a small wine/liquor outlet right in the terminal, so you could buy some there, but nothing else within walking distance. For port stops, you'll find Celebrity ships right in Old San Juan, with many nearby options for buying soft drinks and water.

Thank you cruisestitch! I guess I'll have to settle with the store in the terminal.

Thank you cruisestitch! I guess I'll have to settle with the store in the terminal.

On our last Celebrity cruise leaving from Pan Am Pier, we were able to buy 12 packs of water bottles and 2 bottles of wine right at the liquor store at the pier.

Archived