A Three-Year-Old in Adventure Ocean RCCL

BunkerVA

My DD is potty trained and the Adventure Ocean policy states:

"To participate, children must be fully potty-trained and 3 years of age as of the first day of the cruise. (No pull-ups or diapers, please.) You can rest assured your little ones are in good hands - every member of our Adventure Ocean® staff holds a college degree in education, recreation or a related field and has experience working with children ages 3-17."

Now, my question is will they take her to the bathroom when she asks??? She will ask to go to the bathroom and she can, ahem, handle the rest, but she's will have just turned three and at her wee-school the kids ask to go potty and they are taken to the bathroom.

We'd really like for her to go to AO in the mornings to keep her on her wee-school schedule (not to mention we think it would be fun for all of us!), but we're worried about this one little (HUGE) thing.

Thanks to anyone who's had any experience,

Sam

If she asks, they will point her in the direction -- but likely not take her by the hand and lead her to the door. So be certain she is "ok" with that (opening the door, maybe turning on the lights, closing the door, etc.) Where the bathroom is whether it is a "one seater" or a big one with stalls will vary by ship -- I think it was on the Voyager that the bathroom was just outside of AO and the kids had to ask and go with a "buddy".

To help out the process, be certain she goes before hand.

Also, prepare her for the on-board toliets. They are loud and a bit scary (even to his old lady)!

If she asks, they will point her in the direction -- but likely not take her by the hand and lead her to the door. So be certain she is "ok" with that (opening the door, maybe turning on the lights, closing the door, etc.) Where the bathroom is whether it is a "one seater" or a big one with stalls will vary by ship -- I think it was on the Voyager that the bathroom was just outside of AO and the kids had to ask and go with a "buddy".

To help out the process, be certain she goes before hand.

Also, prepare her for the on-board toliets. They are loud and a bit scary (even to his old lady)!

Thank you for the information, but I don't think we would let her go to AO if the bathroom was outside of AO and she was going with a "buddy." She's only 3.

I'll certainly scope it out before hand.

Sam :D

Thank you for the information, but I don't think we would let her go to AO if the bathroom was outside of AO and she was going with a "buddy." She's only 3.

I'll certainly scope it out before hand.

Sam :D

Yup that is why I mentioned that -- I can't remember what ship it was but since dd was about 8YO, I am assuming it was Voyeger. I know that on Splendor it was almost in like a foyer part of AO and on Radiance it was a single seater thing right in AO. I'm running out of RCCI ships we've been on :)

It's OK for an 8YO (actually a bit of an adventure) - but I'd be very concerned with a littler kid.

Archived