Constellation Itinerary Feb. 2005

lv2cruz80

I was told on the Celebrity Connections board that the itinerary for President's week no longer has Greneda and the DR. However, Celebrity's website still shows those ports. Anyone hear anything either from Celebrity or their TA?

Julie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;2;19;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until the Constellation!

Thats interesting. I know that there is a lot of flack regarding these ports. Perhaps they are reworking them ?

Jacqueline

Constellation 3/20/04

HAL Westerdam 7/30/04

Tahitian Princess August 2003

Grand Princess Western Caribbean 2003

Brilliance of the Seas Baltic 2002

Ocean Princess- Alaska 2001

Celebrity Zenith- Bermuda 2001

Grand Princess Med 2000

where did you hear and do you know the date of the itinerary change. we're on the 1/22/05 cruise,

1/05 Constellation

2004 Tahitian Princess

2002 zuiderdam

2001 millenium

1993 regent sea

1986 emerald sea

1981 sun viking

1971 jason

1969 carla c

Just got off the Connie, Grenada and DR were very bad ports,loved the ship but would never go back as long as these to ports are there.

Avoid at all costs, these rip off ports left a bad taste in my mouth afer being changed from St. Martin and St Lucia.

USS JFK 76-80, SS Pecos 81,

SS Concho 82-83,84,SS Trinty 83,SS San Marcos 84, USNS Mizar 84-85, USNS Misipillion 85,USNS Spica 85,87-88 DRYDOCKED 88-2000,Fasination 00,Destiny 02,

Connie 4-17-04

Actually, I'm the one who told Julie. When we were on the Constellation in February, the CC person gave me an itinerary for 2005 of the Constellation. It stated that the Constellation would be going to St. Lucia and St. Marteen which is just fine with me. The only thing that my friends liked about the DR was the show in the evening. So, now you know how I got the info. Hope that Celebrity sticks with this itinerary.

Judy

Constellation, Southern Caribbean - countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2005;2;19;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Infinity, Alaska - countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;7;25;17;00;00&timezone=PMT-0500

Constellation, Southern Caribbean - 2/21/04 - Another incredibly wonderful cruise

2/22/03 - Constellation (Just a wonderful, wonderful cruise)

2/22/99 - Mercury

Monarch of the Sea

I just wanted to give another perspective about the DR and Grenada ports. I was on the 4/3/04 Connie sailing, and I enjoyed both of those ports tremendously. In fact, I loved Grenada, as well as several others who booked a tour with Mandoo.

Yes, getting into the Grenada port was intimidating because of the aggressive cab drivers. But Mandoo and his assistant, Alistar met us right at the dock and took us on a fabulous tour of the island. It was such a great tour that my 11 year son wants to do it again. We went through St. Georges, up to a quaint fishing village, then to Concord Falls, the historic Douglastown spice plantation, then to Grand Etang volcanic park and, finally to Grand Anse beach where we enjoyed two hours swimming and relaxing

Many of my fellow PAX also took the ship tour to Casa del Mar resort in the DR. This is a fantastic beach, perfect sand, no vendors, all drinks free...just plain gorgeous.

We wouldn't have chosen these ports ourselves. But I'm glad the Connie stopped at them because we really had a great time.

icon_wink.gif

It would just be nice to have different ports. I liked Grenada, the while aggressive thing isnt a pleasure but it is such a pretty island.

Jacqueline

Constellation 3/20/04

HAL Westerdam 7/30/04

Tahitian Princess August 2003

Grand Princess Western Caribbean 2003

Brilliance of the Seas Baltic 2002

Ocean Princess- Alaska 2001

Celebrity Zenith- Bermuda 2001

Grand Princess Med 2000

We were on the 4/17 sailing. I was very dissapointed when we booked last year,then found out the itinerary changed from St.Lucia and St. Martin. I did not have very high expectations of D.R. or Grenada. I have to say though that Grenada was my favorite stop. We took the tour with Mandoo, and it was fantastic. What a pretty island and we did not find the people pushy. When we go to Mexico it is far worse.

Archived