Galveston Enterprise One Way Rental - Any Recent Experiences?

megmno

Has anyone here tried to do a one way rental with Enterprise lately? A couple of people have commented that they did this, but as far as I know it's not possible any more.

Supposedly, you can rent a car at the airport and drop it off at the Galveston Enterprise office. Since Enterprise is closed on Sundays, if you want to drop the car off then you have to leave the keys in a drop box.

It is not possible to do a one way rental to Galveston using any of the online sites that I tried (Kayak, Hotwire, directly with the car agencies). However I tried emailing the Galveston Enterprise office directly a couple of months ago and they said they don't do one way rentals at all.

So has anything changed since then? This would make the most sense for my family to do because we're coming in a couple of days early to visit Nasa and Moody Gardens so we need some kind of a rental. Currently the plan is to rent for a full week and leave it parked while we're on the cruise.

In two weeks I'm doing exactly what you want. Called enterprise 800# one way to Galveston drop keys in box. On Monday pickup car and drive back to Houston.

I'll let you know if there are any problems

Thanks for the report! Would you mind telling me what they charge you?

Have a great cruise!

Archived