Island tour

vtsoccermom

My family and I will be in Grand Cayman this coming April. We would like to do an island tour and hit on all the hot spots. What are names of some good tour companies to use?

We did a tour with Shirley from Cayman Safari see thread "Best Private Tour" or google for further reviews. This was an enjoyable tour in an open air jeep around the east end of the island. It did not go to 7-mile beach or Hell, but I believe Shirley does customized tours as well.

We have booked with Nativeway Watersports to do the stingray and island tour in March. Here's what they say in their description:

Discover the often overlooked land-based treasures of the island and experience the thrill of swimming with the ‘rays at Stingray City Sandbar, all in one excursion.

Our favorite land and sea option combines Native Way’s Grand Island Tour with a trip to Stingray Sandbar, the only place in the world where you can not only see, but swim among, some 40 Southern Atlantic stingrays.

Our modern, air-conditioned buses, and friendly local guides, will take you to the world-famous Turtle Farm, Tortuga Rum Factory, 7-Mile Beach, and the Governor’s House. And you’ll go to Hell … and back … but only after cooling off in the crystal-clear, calm waters at Stingray Sandbar. You can swim under, over, and among the rays. And Native Way instructors will show you how to pet, hand-feed and snorkel alongside these friendly creatures.

I've read nothing but great things about them on CC but most of the reviews are for their Rum Point tour so I'll have to let you know how this one goes. If you get 10 people to sign up with you the price drops to $55. I just went on my roll call and added to my own group to get the 10.

I'm really looking forward to this tour even though I don't like to get in the water. My daughter has done a similar tour in the past and said it was the highlight of her cruise.

I will put in another vote for Shirley with Cayman Safari. And she said that she would try to customize the trip if there are places you really want to see. Some of that might depend on if your group is the only one she is driving with that day. There were 3 in our group, and we rode with 2 couples that were staying on the island for the week.

Even thou Hell was on the opposite side of the island from where Shirley took us, she pulled over on the road we were on and showed us a little piece of Hell that most people probably do not know exists. Not commercialized, just "hell" in its natural setting.

Archived