All Star Hot Dogs

Mooder

Gosh I love you guys!!

I go away and 20 hours later I'm cracking up and feeling better that work is over, hoping the snow won't be as bad as they saY and wondering what hilarity will appear when I get back from work tomorrow.

As to the new ship's name Everyship, I need to mark that down so I can win the contest for naming the already named ship! :D

Everybody now...to the tune made famous by Shirley Temple

"On The Good Ship Everyship.

It's a sweet trip to the BBQue,

Where hot dogs lay

On the grill at Great Stirrup Cay."

funny_hot_dog.jpg

:p

That looks like Lorena Bobbitts knife !!:eek:

Gosh I love you guys!!

I go away and 20 hours later I'm cracking up and feeling better that work is over, hoping the snow won't be as bad as they saY and wondering what hilarity will appear when I get back from work tomorrow.

As to the new ship's name Everyship, I need to mark that down so I can win the contest for naming the already named ship! :D

Everybody now...to the tune made famous by Shirley Temple

"On The Good Ship Everyship.

It's a sweet trip to the BBQue,

Where hot dogs lay

On the grill at Great Stirrup Cay."

funny_hot_dog.jpg

:p

And you know we're doing the tune as we read it, LMAO.

:D

Wonder if the Breakaway will have "breakaway dogs"????? A long link of dogs you just "breakaway" from the rest, LOL.:D

Maybe since that's an "Epic Dog", the Jewel would have a Jewel Dog too. Problem is the cost is $10,000 and it chips teeth when you bite into it. :p

Do they have Sun Dogs on the Sun ??

Wikipedia

Sundogs may appear as a colored patch of light to the left or right of the sun, 22° distant and at the same distance above the horizon as the sun, and in ice halos. They can be seen anywhere in the world during any season, but they are not always obvious or bright. Sundogs are best seen and are most conspicuous when the sun is low.

I bet they are hard to eat.

Do they have Sun Dogs on the Sun ??

Wikipedia

Sundogs may appear as a colored patch of light to the left or right of the sun, 22° distant and at the same distance above the horizon as the sun, and in ice halos. They can be seen anywhere in the world during any season, but they are not always obvious or bright. Sundogs are best seen and are most conspicuous when the sun is low.

I bet they are hard to eat.

They hurt your eyes when you look at them!

They do have their own bar & grill though.

l.jpg

Hot Dog Of The Week: Perro Caliente

Posted by Hawk Krall, February 19, 2010 at 4:45 PM

This week's dog is perhaps one of the craziest things I've ever eaten in my life. After first reading about Colombian hot dogs, I assumed they were just a variation on Mexican hot dogs. Boy was I wrong.

The Perro Caliente is something totally different. With no plans to visit South America anytime soon, I was happy to discover that Queens in New York has plenty of Colombian fast food restaurants serving various incarnations of the Perro Caliente.

There are a bunch of hot dog spots all on the same few blocks of Jackson Heights. My first stop, Perro Veloz—a bright green storefront with a counter, a few stools, and a hot dog riding a scooter for a logo—wasn't even on the original list, but was the clear favorite by the end of the day. We tried the Mexicano, which was decent, but we were instantly blown away by the wild flavors of the Veloz Special.

The steamed dog is in a standard bun topped with bacon, pineapple, and a dusting of finely crushed potato chips, which is criss-crossed with an insane number of sauces (ketchup, mustard, mayo, the mysterious "pink sauce" and raspberry). Fruit, bacon, creamy mystery sauce, the panko-like crunch of the chips, and somewhere down there, the faint recognition of a hot dog—it was a battle of flavors and textures.

[From left: Cholado at Xtasis and Criollo at Perrada De Chalo]

It was hard to avoid the non-hot dog temptations of the neighborhood. Veloz also has a burger menu—featuring the "Monster" with double meat, bacon, chips, cheese, and multiple sauces—not to mention Colombian barbecue restaurants and empanada stands on every corner.

But alas, we continued on the hot dog crawl. Next stop was Xtasis, a bright pink and chrome monster—somewhere Paris Hilton might be found passed out in the bathroom. We ordered a Perro Super Xtasis and an ice cold cholada. The Perro came on a massive sesame seed bun with the hot dog and grilled onions at the bottom, all covered in a heaping mountain of potato chips, bacon, ham, "seven sauces" and a blanket of melted cheese. This thing was ridiculous—the size of your average cheesesteak.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This should throw Mongo into serious withdrawals !!!!

Archived