crown grill on Star Princess

atlantic cruiser

Sailing on Star Princess in September. Would appreciate comments on menu in the Crown grill and quality of food and cost. Any comments welcome. Have not tried it before. Many thanks

I've enjoyed several dinners at the Crown Grill including on the Star & each one had great food & service. The Star's former CG location in the old Painted Desert dining room was replaced in November with a new wood paneled dining room.

Is the Crown Grill always completely booked? On a recent Celebrity cruise the specialty restaurants were seldom completely booked and they offered a 20% discount.

I've always been able to make a reservation however the early times can be booked quickly. Also on formal nights it's been more crowded with those who prefer to dress more casually. I've never heard about any discounts even when it's so empty that most of those eating there are officers.

Is the Crown Grill always completely booked? On a recent Celebrity cruise the specialty restaurants were seldom completely booked and they offered a 20% discount.

Last week on the Grand not only was it not booked up but on the first sea day there was a Chef going through the Horizon court looking for booking.

Our food was very good but the service was disappointing. We went at 8 and they didn't have enough waiters to handle the rush, even with several open tables.

We went at 8 and they didn't have enough waiters to handle the rush, even with several open tables.

In the past when it got busy in either specialty restaurant they would bring in additional waiters from other dining venues to provide good service. :(

I have always found the steaks cooked to perfection. You can add lobster tail at no additional cost. I have always tended to get lucky. Whenever I bring a bottle of wine to dinner, I've never been charged a corking fee, on any of my 8 Princess cruises. maybe they feel badly that you're already paying extra. I always bring a few extra dollars to tip the wait staff. Veggies and extras are served family style on the table. You can pick whatever you want.

Sailing on Star Princess in September. Would appreciate comments on menu in the Crown grill and quality of food and cost. Any comments welcome. Have not tried it before. Many thanks

Steaks were superb. Just be hungry before u sit down to eat. Everythnig about the Crown Grill was great. $$$ well spent.

We love the Crown Grill. My husband and I make sure to eat there at least once or twice each cruise. The $25 per person charge is a bargain. The food is excellent and bountiful. As a previous poster stated, go hungry. The $25 charge covers as much food as you desire. The Black and Blue onion soup is to die for. Though we always make a reservation, I don't think you would have trouble just showing up as it never seems to be too crowded. Hope you enjoy it.

Archived