Le Havre to Paris one way

cruise8x+

Caribbean Princess May 14 British Isles, we are ending the cruise at Le Havre and planning to take the train to Paris. will all of our luggage (4 pcs) be allowed on the train? It appears to have an hourly schedule arriving in St Lazare station well into the evening, I also read about a train that arrives in Montparnasse (closer to our hotel), is that the same train but just another stop in Paris?

What we really would like to do is take a tour to the D-day beaches, go back to the ship get our luggage disembark and then take the train to Paris. Are there taxis at the port to go to the train station? Alot of questions here, I hope someone has suggestions/answers for me.

Caribbean Princess May 14 British Isles, we are ending the cruise at Le Havre and planning to take the train to Paris.

What we really would like to do is take a tour to the D-day beaches, go back to the ship get our luggage disembark and then take the train to Paris. Are there taxis at the port to go to the train station? Alot of questions here, I hope someone has suggestions/answers for me.

Can't really help with your train questions, but wanted to alert you to be sure to clear and arrange this with Princess before you leave the US. My feeling is, that you will have to get off the ship with your luggage when you arrive, because you will have to clear immigration, and the officers will only be available first thing when the ship docks. Someone else may have experience with this, I know several people have posted that they have gotten off in LeHavre and ended their cruise there after clearing it with the cruise line.

We do not have an answer to the luggage on train question. But as to taxis, you are talking about finding a taxi sitting at the port in the late afternoon or early evening and that would be very unlikely. You might get lucky and grab a taxi from other folks returning to the ship, but when we were in LeHavre last year (been there quite a few times) we could not even find a taxi in the late afternoon at the train station. The best and normal way to get taxis in France is to call for one on the phone.

As has been already posted, you need to clear your debarkation with the cruise line and should do this prior to your cruise (and if you get a positive answer you should request it in writing).

Hank

Archived