Rum Runners

pokerpunk27

I had on board credit as a booking incentive so took 2 bottles of wine and a bottle of bubbly (celibrating an- ends- with- 0 -birthday!) in my carry on in bubble wrap in Barcelona port expecting to use the credit as a corkage fee. :)

Bag got X-rayed at point of embarcation, bottles fully on view and I was waved through so thought I would have to go through another check further on board the ship (hands up it was my first cruise) and pay the fee

Totaly suprised to find that was it! :eek:

Enjoyed the wine on the balcony and the bubbly on my birthday. The OBC was used in the bars and I dont think anyone suffered as a result except my head the day after!:D

Off on another cruise (yes got the bug!!) in April with more obc and will again take a bottle of wine for getting ready in the evening. Totaly prepared to pay the corkage again but hey, if they dont ask Im not going to volunteer!;)

I had on board credit as a booking incentive so took 2 bottles of wine and a bottle of bubbly (celibrating an- ends- with- 0 -birthday!) in my carry on in bubble wrap in Barcelona port expecting to use the credit as a corkage fee. :)

Bag got X-rayed at point of embarcation, bottles fully on view and I was waved through so thought I would have to go through another check further on board the ship (hands up it was my first cruise) and pay the fee

Totaly suprised to find that was it! :eek:

Enjoyed the wine on the balcony and the bubbly on my birthday. The OBC was used in the bars and I dont think anyone suffered as a result except my head the day after!:D

Off on another cruise (yes got the bug!!) in April with more obc and will again take a bottle of wine for getting ready in the evening. Totaly prepared to pay the corkage again but hey, if they dont ask Im not going to volunteer!;)

You only have to pay the corkage fee if you bring wine to the MDR (and specialty restaurant?). If you just drink it in your cabin, you will not be charged anything.

Ok, haven't seen this question posted. Has anyone ever just tried using heavy duty zip lock bags alone? I mean bag inside of bag, inside of bag? I'm thinking after paying for the rum runners, it would be about the same as buying from BV, which I have.

Enjoy your cruise:cool:

Ok, haven't seen this question posted. Has anyone ever just tried using heavy duty zip lock bags alone? I mean bag inside of bag, inside of bag? I'm thinking after paying for the rum runners, it would be about the same as buying from BV, which I have.

Enjoy your cruise:cool:

How are you going to pour it out?

Anyone try bringing rum runners aboard lately? Any luck?

You just have to use general logic and be smart about it. I'm not about to spill my thoughts (read, secrets), but really... sit back and think for a few and you'll figure it out! ;)

Good luck!

Why ask? You're not supposed to and you obviously know this. If you wish to break the rules, just keep it to yourself instead of telling the world give it a try and see what happens. Personally, I wish the mods would just delete these threads when they come up. :rolleyes:

Another Cruise Critic Crusader --Master Sergeant Buzzkill.

Another Cruise Critic Crusader --Master Sergeant Buzzkill.

Ah, so you are FOR the rules against CHOGS but AGAINST and therefore ignore the rules against smuggling. Same kind of rationality that a CHOG uses (it's MY vacation so I'll do what I want). :rolleyes:

Ah, so you are FOR the rules against CHOGS but AGAINST and therefore ignore the rules against smuggling. Same kind of rationality that a CHOG uses (it's MY vacation so I'll do what I want). :rolleyes:

I can understand the rationality:

A CHOG's actions impact other cruisers.

An alcohol smuggler does not.

Why are you so righteous anyways? Im sure you have never broken any rule in your life, right? Never speed, never jay walk. It must be a horrible burden to be perfect and sit back in judgment of everybody else.:rolleyes:

we never smuggled on from initial embarkment, but we have smuggled on from an island stop.. we brought w/ us metal sport bottles if you will,( filled with water initially to drink on the island ) then emptied what was left and transfered the tasty beverage from its orignial bottle to the sport bottle. never stopped or anything. and bought a few 20oz sodas as well to mix with. worked well and we had pre going out cocktails while in our room.

I can understand the rationality:

The rationality is a person complains about other people breaking the rules in one thread and the shares thoughts on how to break rules in a different thread.

A CHOG's actions impact other cruisers.

An alcohol smuggler does not.

A CHOG has no impact what-so-ever on any cruiser who is not looking for a chair to sit it. Many cruisers never leave their balcony so how does a CHOG impact their cruise?

Why are you so righteous anyways? Im sure you have never broken any rule in your life, right? Never speed, never jay walk.

Feel free to read my other posts. I do not KNOWINGLY break rules. Military upbringing and all. No, if it matters to you, I don't speed and we don't have jay walking in my neck of the woods.

It must be a horrible burden to be perfect and sit back in judgment of everybody else.:rolleyes:

No, I am not perfect, wish I could be, strive for it daily. And no, it's no burden at all. :rolleyes:

As I've said before, I couldn't care less if someone smuggles just as I don't care about CHOGS because I'm rarely at the pool anyway. But there is no need for smugglers to shout their illicit activities to the world in a public forum either. Don't tell me you're smuggling and I won't say you shouldn't smuggle. If you have the right to say I'm a smuggler and proud of it I have the right to say your breaking the rules and what you are doing is wrong. Freedom of speech applies to all, not just a select few.

As I've said before, I couldn't care less if someone smuggles just as I don't care about CHOGS because I'm rarely at the pool anyway. But there is no need for smugglers to shout their illicit activities to the world in a public forum either. Don't tell me you're smuggling and I won't say you shouldn't smuggle. If you have the right to say I'm a smuggler and proud of it I have the right to say your breaking the rules and what you are doing is wrong. Freedom of speech applies to all, not just a select few.

If you dont care then then why are you reading about it? The post is clearly marked from the tag line. Since I am not traveling with children this complaint would be like me reading a post or question about Camp Carnival and then ranting about it at the of the comments. just saying..........

A smuggler doesn't really affect mine or others cruise experience. I do not smuggle either btw. I buy from Bon Voyage.

I don't encourage smuggling ever but I also don't come into these threads to show everyone righteous I am and condemn others. I don't see the point. I usually just come in and suggest Bon Voyage.

The rationality is a person complains about other people breaking the rules in one thread and the shares thoughts on how to break rules in a different thread.

Please show me where I shared my thoughts and secrets on how to smuggle alcohol. Only thought I shared was my view of your initial comment. You are the one who tossed the turd in the punch bowl here.

Freedom of speech applies to all, not just a select few.

Says the person who claims all threads like this should be shut down and deleted. You werent really complaining about hypocrisy earlier were you? Kinda looked like it.

Sorry to the OP for continuing the hijack. I suggest buying from Bon Voyage, saves the hassle IMHO.

A CHOG has no impact what-so-ever on any cruiser who is not looking for a chair to sit it. Many cruisers never leave their balcony so how does a CHOG impact their cruise?

---

...But there is no need for smugglers to shout their illicit activities to the world in a public forum either. Don't tell me you're smuggling and I won't say you shouldn't smuggle. If you have the right to say I'm a smuggler and proud of it I have the right to say your breaking the rules and what you are doing is wrong. Freedom of speech applies to all, not just a select few.

STRONGLY disagree with the top sentence - CHOGs impact numerous people's cruises by blocking access to chairs - not everybody on the ship, but easily more than half. Smugglers don't.

I don't really agree with the other paragraph above, but it actually makes sense - judge away as long as they open the door to it. Personally, if it's a topic I don't care about that doesn't impact me, then I don't bother to even open the thread in the first place.

If you dont care then then why are you reading about it? The post is clearly marked from the tag line. Since I am not traveling with children this complaint would be like me reading a post or question about Camp Carnival and then ranting about it at the of the comments. just saying..........

I guess because I'm allowed to. Is that okay with you? Of course, you could go back and read my second post where I've already answered that question. :confused:

• 1 month later...

I just took the Valor in March on a 6 day cruise. I took 2 of the 32oz and two of the 8oz. The 8oz runners I placed in my pockets of my cargo shorts. Walked right through the metal detector no problem. The others I placed 1 32oz in my suitcase with my toiletries and the other in my wife's case with toiletries. All came on board with no issues. Finished the last drop on our sail home on night 5. I was pretty rummed out after that trip. :D

If people are smuggling how many of which size would you take for say a 6 day cruise?

Thanks

I just took the Valor in March on a 6 day cruise. I took 2 of the 32oz and two of the 8oz. The 8oz runners I placed in my pockets of my cargo shorts. Walked right through the metal detector no problem. The others I placed 1 32oz in my suitcase with my toiletries and the other in my wife's case with toiletries. All came on board with no issues. Finished the last drop on our sail home on night 5. I was pretty rummed out after that trip. :D

I was just going to ask if people put them in their pockets...thanks :-)

Weird, I wonder why every chair is spoken for...?

I see more threads on here about how people are upset with chogs and how no one can find seats....Because MOST people DO want to sit by the pool.

I was just going to ask if people put them in their pockets...thanks :-)

Sure. And the 8 oz RumRunners are great to carry onboard so you don't have to keep going back to your room. Just keep them out of sight. Most of the servers could give a rats ass but you never know. :eek:

Archived