Pacific Sky Reviews

Neicy& Ron

We have all heard heaps about the trouble that has followed with Pacific Sky.

I have a friend who sailed on her last year and he had a great cruise and on swapping stories about the "Pacific Sun" and "Sky" they seem very alike. It would be great to see some positive postings on her.

Regards

Ron & Neicy:)

My wife and I joined Pacific Sky for a 7 day Queensland coastal cruise this year and it was fabulous. For us, the ship is the destination and we had a ball. We're middle aged and loved the entertainment, the food,the ports of call and above all, the attentiveness of the crew was excellent.

Every ship has a few glitches from time to time, allow P & O to make the necessary repairs and do yourself a big favour and go on a cruise.

Remember, you'll get out of a vacation what you put in and your attitude to having a good time is what it's all about.

Happy sailing.

cruiseschip.gif

• 2 months later...

Just found this website.

We have sailed on the Sky twice. First time in Dec 02 and second July 04.

Both cruises were great. Staff wonderful and no problems with the ship, unlike now.

The Dec cruise was down to Melbourne and was delayed by about 6 hours and we didn't start boarding till well after 9pm. We were advised a few weeks before of a delayed departure due to a marine survey being conducted on the ship. As we were originally to board at 4pm for a 7pm departure P&O gave us a credit for the dinner we had to buy and we all got a $200 onboard credit.

Everything went to plan on the July cruise. We booked a "best available" fare and ended up on Baha. Half way through the cruise we upgraded to a suite which was $900, although a lot it was way cheaper than the brochure fares.

The cabins are clean, comfortable and functional but certainly not spacious.

If it gets over all its mechanical problems I would certainly cruise with her again.

Hi aussiedisneyfan.

Are you THE aussiedisneyfan, pal of jacqui. We did meet, my name on the "other disney site" was kaseyoz too.

if so, welcome. I am going on the pacific sun in sept. About 3 weeks ago my daughter was asked to go on a trip to the us to play basball AND go to florida disneyland and play baseball at the disneyworld of sport. We thought she was too young this year and as we had done a similar trip in 2002 and booked this cruise we decied not for her to go.

enjoy this board

karon

Yep, thats me! Didn't know I was so infamous. Are you Karen that we had dinner with? lol

Very cool about your daughter being asked. Bet you will love the cruise in Sept, I have friends that went on the sun in March and are booked again (!) for October. We are booked on the Star for Jan 19th.

Better not hijack the topic anymore. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I've been on the Pacific Sky 3 times, in 2002 from Sydney to Melbourne, April 2004 and February 2005.

I've had a ball each and every time.

:)

Hi there,

This ship is now being marketed in the UK and I must say I am very much tempted with the far east from singapore itinerary, would you recommend it, the ship I mean.

Any information would be greatly received.

Kind regards,

Lisa

wow, welcome bandit.

would you believe i was born in Nottingham, went to mundella (no longer there) and did nurses training at city hospital. still have family there.

the far east singapore cruise is new i think. But as i have never been interested in crusing before now i cannot be sure. But they have been heavily reducing prices for basic rooms. It is not much more than airfare to singapore and the airfare is included.

The sky has had it's share of recent faults but for price i dont think it could be beat.

Are they advertising in the uk including cheap airfare too as i guess that would bump up the price.

Please feel free to email me if you need any further info.

kaseyoz@hotmail.com

cheers karon

We have been on the Sky twice and love it.:)

We are sad :( it is going to Asia and will be interested to hear what the Star is like as they are sending that to NZ after the Sky has done the summers cruising.

• 2 weeks later...

just got back from 23 august sailing on pacific sky and report its in fantastic shape its my 3rd pacific sky cruise and by far my best the weather was fantastic and i think the ship has improved new carpets etc the crew was fantastic captain stefano raviera maitre d mario propato who was on some sort of recconaisance mission he told me they will reintroduce ala carte for breakfast and lunch the cruise directoers james ibrahm and michael his ofsider were a scream . my cruise was full of bribane residents on some sort of cheap deal and most were repeaters and the consensus was that most prefered sky over sun mainly because of the promenade deck any questions feel free to ask

hey girl o5 we went to noumea got there at 3pm and shops closed at 4pm so i went to anse vate beach 200 franc by bus about 1.40 but it was a bit cool down at beach so just went for a walk down there and came back to ship by cab 700 franc about ten bucks next day we went to isle de pins and used the ships tenders you just swim or sunbake there and i always stay till last tender at about 4pm same thing next day ovea it was an inaugural call it is fantastic the bluest water and the beach just goes for ever a few people live there and you can buy beers etc on beach, next day mystery island its uninhabited so p&O bring the bars etc to island it was beutiful when we got there and in afternoon just pissed down you dont do much on these islands watch a native dance buy some crappy lies or grass skirts made in china i just hang around beach, the next port was port vila everybody loves port vila they go nuts at duty free shops smokes $20 vodka $18 perfumes are a little bit cheaper than ship but a lot cheaper than melbourne DONT BUY ANY BOOZE ETC AT DOWNTOWN DUTY FREE AT AIRPOERTS 1 litre of black label in vila is $25/8 in melbourn it was $47, but if u want mp3 players do your homework sometimes they are cheaper at myer, anyway there is lots to do in vila i went to lunch at rossis on main street it was fantastic

Archived