Got to petra

Hi all well I finally got to see Petra and although it was stunning it was absolutely freezing :eek: but well worth it . We also did the overnight stay in the hotel in Luxor and it was outstanding ,our room was a royal club class and was overlooking the nile , and as for the bath could have stayed in it all night :D it was a jaquzzi bath with coloured lights and the power shower had a sauna facility. When you sat on the toilet the seat begins to heat and it flushes automatic when you are done.:eek: The night light show at Karnak was a bit dissappointing as I found it hard to see where I was walking as it is very uneven esp. in the dark ,but realise they do this for the effects of the story would have liked to have seen it in daylight . :)

mrs.c

Hi all well I finally got to see Petra and although it was stunning it was absolutely freezing :eek: but well worth it . We also did the overnight stay in the hotel in Luxor and it was outstanding ,our room was a royal club class and was overlooking the nile , and as for the bath could have stayed in it all night :D it was a jaquzzi bath with coloured lights and the power shower had a sauna facility. When you sat on the toilet the seat begins to heat and it flushes automatic when you are done.:eek: The night light show at Karnak was a bit dissappointing as I found it hard to see where I was walking as it is very uneven esp. in the dark ,but realise they do this for the effects of the story would have liked to have seen it in daylight . :)

mrs.c

That sounds fantastic. We are thinking about that for the future. Did you have to pay extra for the Royal Club Class room in Luxor (above the excursion price I mean). How much time did you get at the Valley of the Kings? We want to get up to Seti's tomb, which I think is up the hill a bit. Didn't they take you in the day into Karnok temple in the day? What about Luxor temple? When we do this cruise we definately want to do the overnight to Luxor, as there is so much travel involved.

Sweby

Hi all well I finally got to see Petra and although it was stunning it was absolutely freezing :eek: but well worth it

mrs.c

Hi mrs.c

Glad you enjoyed Petra. Fabulous isn't it? We went in February 3 years ago and it was HOT. Walking back up, people were having to sit and rest, but the guide said the week before it had been really cold, so it seems the weather is very variable.

What is the position of visiting Cairo at the moment?

That sounds fantastic. We are thinking about that for the future. Did you have to pay extra for the Royal Club Class room in Luxor (above the excursion price I mean). How much time did you get at the Valley of the Kings? We want to get up to Seti's tomb, which I think is up the hill a bit. Didn't they take you in the day into Karnok temple in the day? What about Luxor temple? When we do this cruise we definately want to do the overnight to Luxor, as there is so much travel involved.

Sweby

No we did not pay any more than the price quoted , the name of the hotel is the Sonesta St.George so u could have a look on the web , we were on floor 6 . Very early alarm call which was 5.45 :eek:so that ur on the bus for about 7.30 . Yes u do get plenty of time at the V./Kings , then Luxor temple and a couple of other stops ., but you will love it .

3.5 hour coach trip to luxor and yes its better with the overnight option we stayed at sonesta st georges hotel went to karnock temple and agree that would have liked to see it during daylight only thing was we had the 5.45 wake up call but as the hotel is on the main street you could not sleep because of the car horns being blasted all night but apart from that fine. Luxer trip was well worth all the travelling for.

Seems we women are easily pleased :D

mrs.c

Oh and sorry Linda did not answer your question ,,the trip went ahead to the pyramids but they had cancelled the museum to avoid the city center .

My son did the pyramids and they had very bad sand storms that day .

mrs.c

I think excursions to the Museum have not been taking place for some months. Our friends were on a different cruise-line in November and they hadn't got any excursions which included the Museum although other trips and visits to the Pyramids went ahead. I believe this is the case with Thomson too.

The reason is that the Museum is adjacent to Tahir Square which is where the demonstrations were taking place.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ptab=2&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=114082191475027197038.00046f04289b2a6fe381a

This map shows just how close they are - Tahir Sq with the blue marker and the Museum situated along the top of the Square.

Archived